IGNORED

Game Debate #5: Fortnite

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

71 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but I'm interested
    • Never played it, never will

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

image.png

It was enough to evoke something and get them into the thread.  Something less people could be bothered to do with GTA III.  When I do beloved game x down the line it will get 15 posts and 18 votes.

Like, I guarantee the inevitable Minecraft thread fares much better than the inevitable Metal Gear Solid 2 thread.  It just will.  Even though most of us don't care or know anything about Minecraft.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It was enough to evoke something and get them into the thread.  Something less people could be bothered do do with GTA III.  When I do beloved game x down the line it will get 15 posts and 18 votes.

You may be mistaking my meaning lol. Perhaps "wrong audience" would be better replaced with "wrong neighborhood". Of course this got more traction; people are more than happy to jump into a thread to dump on a game they've never played and have no interest in playing. We're surrounded by @Bearcat-Doug and his cronies.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

You may be mistaking my meaning lol. Perhaps "wrong audience" would be better replaced with "wrong neighborhood". Of course this got more traction; people are more than happy to jump into a thread to dump on a game they've never played and have no interest in playing. We're surrounded by @Bearcat-Doug and his cronies.

"Never played it, never will" is a choice for a reason.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Cool. The evil overlord on the other site wouldn't let me even be a mod there. I supposedly got nominated, but never even made it to the voting stage. I guess I wasn't popular for some reason.

Maybe they're just not Cincinnati fans?

42 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

like bad NES games. 😋  I only gave this a shot because my kid wanted it and it was free to play.

Haha see that's what's so interesting to me. I don't think people are simply avoiding Fortnite because they deem it to be a bad game. I think it's other reasons too like maybe it's too kiddy or the culture or something else.

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
9 hours ago, Makar said:

Haha see that's what's so interesting to me. I don't think people are simply avoiding Fortnite because they deem it to be a bad game. I think it's other reasons too like maybe it's too kiddy or the culture or something else.

Honestly,

I avoid these types of games like the plague.  I am either just not good at fps type games, or I just dont have time to be "good" at them.  Too busy of a life or just shit at fps.  I love games i can step away from or whatever if need be.  Hence why i always have a raging boner for rpgs.  🤣

Minecraft is a good example of games i can step away from then come back to.  Even if it is alone, i can do so much in minecraft and still enjoy myself.  Now granted, I play heavily modded minecraft, but the OG is still good as well.

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Honestly,

I avoid these types of games like the plague.  I am either just not good at fps type games, or I just dont have time to be "good" at them.  Too busy of a life or just shit at fps.  I love games i can step away from or whatever if need be.  Hence why i always have a raging boner for rpgs.  🤣

Minecraft is a good example of games i can step away from then come back to.  Even if it is alone, i can do so much in minecraft and still enjoy myself.  Now granted, I play heavily modded minecraft, but the OG is still good as well.

You're the first person I've heard say they dont want to play this because it's a FPS type game. Totally understand that reasoning. FPS take a while to get good at. I sucked at CoD for the longest time. After playing like 100 matches I finally got decent lol. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Makar said:

You're the first person I've heard say they dont want to play this because it's a FPS type game. Totally understand that reasoning. FPS take a while to get good at. I sucked at CoD for the longest time. After playing like 100 matches I finally got decent lol. 

At least im honest 😊.  

• 2 weeks later...

I voted never played it, never will. I can't think of any other game I would be less interested in than this one. It's digital-only, a online-only multiplayer game where sole you only fight other people, and it's a shooter. Normally just one of those things would make it an automatic no for me, but this game seems to just be the trifecta of things I hate in gaming lol.

• Like 1