IGNORED

Your Favorite Game.... That You've Never Beat?

jonebone

8 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

Rollergames was hard. I beat that way back in 2003, must've had somewhere around a hundred deaths. It was my first and only time I really put in the effort. It has a bit of a learning curve with the controlling of a character on wheels while fighting and maneuvering along obstacles, ramps, pits and traps, like a Double Dragon or Ninja Turtles on rollerskates. I enjoyed it, but whew, it was one of the harder ones I'd beaten at the time. Perhaps if I had played it more I could have gotten good at it, but never did really play it again. And here just a little bit ago I was watching a gameplay of it on Youtube, the person playing it made it look so much easier, but then even as I watched them seemingly breeze though that jungle stage and the last level as well, I know how difficult it was when I played it.

I used to rent RollerGames as a kid and never got far. And then I played it again for the 2016 weekly contests and reached stage 4.

So this year I wanted to beat this damn game after watching someone practice speed running it on Twitch. It took many continues to beat the first time. But then I kept playing until i could beat it without a game over, and then I was able to beat it without dying using Hot Flash. Put in the time and you'll get good, because it's just memorization. The infinite continues help.

It's now one of my favorite Konami beat em ups. But I also love Bayou Billy so I have weird tastes.