IGNORED

Your Favorite Game.... That You've Never Beat?

jonebone

3 hours ago, RH said:

Earlier in another thread someone asked about our favorite games.  Of the two I've mentioned, I never finished one of them-

The same goes for me.

I never beat Final Fantasy IX.
I have started it several times and I always enjoy it but I never beat it.
I thought this would change with the Switch release but I was wrong.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I've never beaten Mega Man 2. I should get on that at some point.

Same. I can no death the robot masters consistently but the part before you fight the robot dragon and it autoscrolls always tricks me. It scrolls at a slightly slower speed than I want to run so i almost always fall down and die!

Also, Toe Jam and Earl. That game is such a commitment to climb all the way up. But if you accidentally fall down 3 or 4 flights and need to spend like a galf hour backtracking, ugh.

Edited by Kguillemette

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

My favorite game that I never beat might be Kwirk for GameBoy. I think I only had two puzzles left, but I was too stumped to figure them out. That game has really great design with such simple mechanics.

-CasualCart

I love Kwirk!  Awesome, because I don't hear much talk about it.  

I am a huge ATLUS collector and that's how I discovered the game.  It's pretty fun - somewhere around here I have an advertisement poster of it.  

14 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

Soda kicks my ass every time 😞

Block when Soda squats to do an uppercut. He'll get confused and freeze so that you can get a star off him. Star punches knock him down. You can get two quick and easy knockdowns this way before he starts dodging star punches.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 2

Also, Soda is quick so he's hard to dodge when there is any lag from modern displays. You'll find yourself continuously dodging too early in order to compensate for not being able to react to his movements.

Not that Soda isn't tough on real hardware as well. I struggled against him as a kid until I got better.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:38 PM, a3quit4s said:

God damn Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES.

I hate that water level.

I'll probably get crap for this but I enjoyed Mystic Quest for SNES, never beat it fully though.

With you on Turtles! Although, the more I practice the more I realize the Water level is probably the easiest. Damn that Technodrome! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diddles_mcbean said:

With you on Turtles! Although, the more I practice the more I realize the Water level is probably the easiest. Damn that Technodrome! 

I made it all the way to Shredder in TMNT tournament fighter on NES on the first try and got my ass handed to me and was like nope not doing that again

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, spacepup said:

I am a huge ATLUS collector and that's how I discovered the game.  It's pretty fun - somewhere around here I have an advertisement poster of it.  

Seeing your avatar reminded me that I have never beaten Okami, either. There's no excuse!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, ZBomber said:

Good point, I never really thought about that before. According to wikipedia, it looks like you can go up to Round 99, and if you beat that you get Round 0 which is a kill screen. So if you get that far I'd say that probably counts as "beating it".  Would be interesting to see how quickly the ducks fly in round 99.

I was under the impression Gun.Smoke does have an actual in-game ending on the NES version, but I've never even gotten close so I don't really know for sure.

I managed to get to the Duck Hunt kill screen a few years ago and from what I remember the ducks don't really get any faster after you get to the round (I think 20?) where a single miss will end your game. 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 10/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, spacepup said:

Sick - maybe I should look into other Atlus games, then. You've gotta throw up some photos of that poster if you dig it out sometime.

-CasualCart