IGNORED

Movie Debate #25: Blade Runner

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • I haven't seen the movie, but I'm interested in watching it
    • No interest in watching it

On 7/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, guillavoie said:

"Now the lights come up a second time. Dick looks me straight in the eye and says, 'How is this possible? How can this be? Those are not the exact images, but the texture and tone of the images I saw in my head when I was writing the original book! The environment is exactly as how I'd imagined it! How'd you guys do that? How did you know what I was feeling and thinking?!'

"Let me tell you, that was one of the most successful moments of my career," Dryer concludes. "Dick went away dazed."

Just imagine if he had seen the Las Vegas scene from 2049...

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 6:01 PM, guillavoie said:

Excerpt from Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner by Paul M. Sammon telling the first reaction of Philip K. Dick when he saw a reel of rushes of the film (he did never saw the released movie as he unfortunately died before) :

Aw, that's a god damn heartwarming story. I appreciate that the movie doesn't try to retell the book as it is, but just rests on a lot of the same mood and feelings instead, and builds its own movie-focused story from that.

It's too bad Dick never got to see the movie, but at least he died hopeful.