IGNORED

Let's Discuss Olives

fcgamer

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

People eat relish without crushed red pepper?

The only place Sweet pickle relish belongs is on a Chicago hot dog, and even those are served with sports peppers.

Sandwiches don’t deserve to be treated like trash with pickle relish. Sandwiches deserve hot cherry pepper relish.

Hot pepper relish is the way to go. 

Can anyone get olive loaf easily?  It is Mrs. Tabonga's favorite lunch meat and Boarshead quit making it. And the grocery stores quit carrying the Oscar Meyer stuff (which was not nearly as good as the Boarshead) a long time ago.  The few small delis near us don't carry it.

1032127304_download(43).jpeg.538e896cca9ff4a78525b91a0111f3c9.jpeg

Edited by Tabonga

14 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Can anyone get olive loaf easily?  It is Mrs. Tabonga's favorite lunch meat and Boarshead quit making it. And the grocery stores quit carrying the Oscar Meyer stuff (which was not nearly as good as the Boarshead) a long time ago.  The few small delis near us don't carry it.

1032127304_download(43).jpeg.538e896cca9ff4a78525b91a0111f3c9.jpeg

Is there  Wegman's near you? Their delis are out of control and might be worth looking into.

3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Is there  Wegman's near you? Their delis are out of control and might be worth looking into.

The name doesn't ring a bell - but I can certainly look.

Edit - no such luck - none anywhere near Colorado.

Edited by Tabonga

16 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The name doesn't ring a bell - but I can certainly look.

Edit - no such luck - none anywhere near Colorado.

Failing that, do you have a friend in the restaurant or grocery industry? They can probably special order You a case if you pay cash.

Then again, you better be prepared to handle 20 plus pounds of olive loaf at a time! Get a slicer and portion/deep freeze. It's about all I can think of.

15 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Failing that, do you have a friend in the restaurant or grocery industry? They can probably special order You a case if you pay cash.

Then again, you better be prepared to handle 20 plus pounds of olive loaf at a time! Get a slicer and portion/deep freeze. It's about all I can think of.

Heh -we have a slicer and more than enough freezer space.

I am reminded of an old Dobie Gillis show where Dobie convinced his father (who was a grocer) to make a huge amount of bologna sandwhiches and sell at a  big school picnic. It wound up raining and Dobie wound up condemned to eat bologna sandwhichs for lunch  for a very long time.

Well guys, today was payday so I decided to splurge, take the plunge, and bought a jar of green olives, not stuffed of course (the pimentos also don't turn me on, better address one issue at a time, not two).

Made a video, you can watch it here:

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

OLIVES SUCK, THE END!!!!!!  DISCUSSION OVER, NO NEED TO CONTINUE THIS THREAD, LOCK IT UP MODS, I AM DONE AND NO MORE EXPLANATION NEEDED......... @fcgamerare olives expensive over there?  feel free to pm me because hopefully this gross thead will be locked by the time u receive this ping 🤣

This thread frickin rules and the video conclusion made it even better. Glad you like the green boiz fc 😄

Olives are delicious, green and black.

Now you gotta try stuffed if you get the chance, feta or some soft cheese like goat, garlic, something to compliment the savory brineyness

Sweet/bread and butter pickles are ok, but in moderation. Love em with sharp cheddar made grilled cheese sandwiches.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...