IGNORED

Let's Discuss Olives

fcgamer

Editorials Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

In these unprecedented times, VGS has turned to olives for salvation. salivation.

33 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Could be worse - a different food item and we would be in a real pickle.......................

Sweet pickles are Satan food. So bad. Even worse when you're expecting normal dill pickles, and can't tell why your burger tastes like it's been soaked overnight in sewer water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Splain said:

Sweet pickles are Satan food. So bad. Even worse when you're expecting normal dill pickles, and can't tell why your burger tastes like it's been soaked overnight in sewer water.

You know who loves sweet pickles?

THE RIGHT.

• Haha 1

Black olives are ok but I only like them on a Greek Salad. I love love Green olives! Gotta always get them on pizza.Big ones stuffed with pimento are my favorite. I also like the Green olives that are stuffed with garlic. The garlic has a nice crunch. I'll also buy sliced green olives and put them on Burgers or hotdogs and even sandwiches. There's a food truck I hope to try out tonight that one of the menu items is deep fried breaded green olives! I love the saltiness of them I guess. Even a semi traumatic experience didn't turn me off of green olives. 30 years ago I was a rookie playing University football. Back then "Hazing" was part of the accepted culture. You did the usual heavy drinking and disgusting skits and whatnot. One thing they made the rookies do is anyone who wasn't circumcised had to see how many green olives they could stuff under their foreskin. Fucked up I know lol! Thank god I didn't have to participate in that ritual.

21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm the other way around. I'm okay with green olives, but I don't like the taste of black ones at all. People's tastes change over time, so maybe it's worth trying them again.

"plain" black olives (like you'd get on a pizza or in a can) are pretty bland.

if you just want to eat olives, get kalamatas.

The transport of the community is now approaching completion.

NintendoAge May be dead, but it’s soul is here.

Also...what’s wrong with y’all hating on gods best edible creation. Olives are bite sized heaven.

I like eat manzanilla olives and Kalamata olives with feta cheese, red onion, red and green bell peppers, and cucumber, tossed in a bed of lettuce with a little red wine vinegar, lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, and oregano.

My mouth just watered....

AA41F73A-7C7A-4DDD-8F78-3C6087FCC6FF.jpeg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm waiting for some hot takes on the merits of sweet pickle relish as a condiment.

People eat relish without crushed red pepper?

The only place Sweet pickle relish belongs is on a Chicago hot dog, and even those are served with sports peppers.

Sandwiches don’t deserve to be treated like trash with pickle relish. Sandwiches deserve hot cherry pepper relish.