IGNORED

Nintendo World Championship 1990 - History

Deadeye

Homebrew Team · Posted

Does anyone have a good source for information about the Nintendo World Championship 1990 competition? 

My casual searches have not really turned up much, very sparse.  Basically what you find on Wikipedia.  YouTube has low quality video as well.  Looking for more information than what I have been able to find.  Has someone done interviews, were there magazine articles about it, or Nintendo planning memos, etc.

Happy 30th anniversary NWC!  I wonder if I should see how high a score I can get on it (NWC rom on my N8 Everdrive of course; I promise I won't cheat!).  Of course I have no way of proving it so I guess no Nintendo Power Stamps for me... 😞 

On 6/28/2020 at 3:21 AM, Estil said:

Happy 30th anniversary NWC!  I wonder if I should see how high a score I can get on it (NWC rom on my N8 Everdrive of course; I promise I won't cheat!).  Of course I have no way of proving it so I guess no Nintendo Power Stamps for me... 😞 

Aw, we'll believe you. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@VGD I don't have FB.  Was it a find or a purchase?

"Well the game was part of a purchase today of 48 other NES games including such titles as rock and cats kid clown and regular titles like mechanized attack things like that. Item will be for sale soon however I'm only accepting serious offers on this you know what it is guys"

His statement. He also says the guy knew what he had, who knows.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m out of town for business, and I don’t have a Facebook account.

Can anyone grab every picture for me in full detail and send it to me? I’ll add it to the list when I get back tomorrow.

You need not only a facebook account, but for them to accept you into their group, to access any of this.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VGD said:

Is the screenshot I posted like invisible or something? That was the best i could do at the time.

I've got some decent pictures now.

I never explicitly asked permission to post them publicly though...but let's just say this cartridge is less than stellar.

I'm going to hide pictures of this particular cart, there's waaaay too much of a fishy smell where there shouldn't be.