IGNORED

At what price point do you sell that game you wanted to play??

What do you do when a game you want to play keeps appreciating in value?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. A physical game you purchased is now worth 3-4 times what you paid for it. You do want to play it, so what do you do?

• Open it and play it! After all, that's what games are for!
    • Keep it factory sealed, since it's worth much more than what you paid for it.
    • Sell it, since with the profits you could purchase other games and perhaps find a cheaper used copy (no guarantee though).
    • Sell it, and just give in to the digital devil and purchase the much cheaper digital copy.

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

That was November of last year. All copies are long gone except for second-hand. LRG also released an edition that was actually open order, and those are also selling for 3x the initial price.

Ah did not notice that. Welp idk. If I were you I'd probably keep it sealed and buy the digital version, or somehow find a pre-owned copy for cheap and sell your sealed copy. Basically don't sell your sealed copy until you have another copy to play. 

I'd just open it and play it. If it's a modern game it probably won't have long term value and selling it then hoping to buy it later would be a hassle.

However this might be a trick question. Because it's a Switch game, I'd keep it sealed then play it somewhere else (digital? PC?) because everyone knows all Switch games are just ports.

9 hours ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

every tough (imo) decision in my life has been decided by a coin flip. a 1983 dime to be exact.

I actually think that is a completely rational approach to problem solving when you are stuck on something.  Most people think that their own decision making skills lead to better outcomes than random chance, but I'm not so sure that is the case for most people.

Now I have to look through my loose change to find an '83 dime.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blitus said:

I actually think that is a completely rational approach to problem solving when you are stuck on something.  Most people think that their own decision making skills lead to better outcomes than random chance, but I'm not so sure that is the case for most people.

Now I have to look through my loose change to find an '83 dime.

preach!

I'd be between just ripping it open and playing it, or selling it and finding one second hand since I was going to play it either way and if someone is that dopey to throw that much green at me for it sealed, let them have it I say.

I'd probably just do that.  I buy a game, but in the end, get paid with profit to play the game anyway as I'd just buy an open copy which is substantially less.

lol, I have never been this lucky (smart?) for a game I have to go up that much. CDs, which are much easier to rip than games are, are another story, and I don’t sell those. So I guess I’m in the ‘no’ camp, although the time sink to listen to an album though once is less than that for a game.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here order Papers Please from LRG?

$30 game, now selling on ebay fro $150 😕

This is yet another one of those "sell it for the profit, or play it because it's great" situations. It's possible the game will see a Switch/PS4 release at some point, but for now, it's just Vita.