IGNORED

Biggest Gaming Disappointments?

Makar

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

I still like Quest 64. 😞

Same here I thought it was unique enough to be well done.  They basically middle fingered the classic JRPG trope of where you have a known entity(entities) out to stop a big evil/end of the world, yet everyone is a greedy dick who won't help you out and charges you top dollar for everything.  They give you your needs from towns, greatful hand offs which was unique.  The magic works well, and as they're leveled you can combine them between styles for some really solid attacks (or def+healing effects.)  Sure you can bore yourself to death, run up, heal a lot, and thump away with your staff, but it's not the best strategy even if it is doable.  I also liked how FF7 at the time tried to play itself off as this epic 3D role playing game, yet it was all static screens with polygonal characters on them, and in combat was flat screens again with a rotating/shifting camera over more models.  Quest really was one, the combat, the terrain, the fights, all seamless 3D JRPG action and it worked surprisingly well to even the point where you could move and shift away from incoming attacks to increase your chance of being missed which was a nice touch.

I never did try its sequel on GBC, intended to, but it never happened.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I never did try its sequel on GBC, intended to, but it never happened.

Has anyone played Brian's journey? I looked up some screenshots. Doesn't look too interesting and only got a 4/10. But those can be misleading sometimes.

23 hours ago, Makar said:

Has anyone played Brian's journey? I looked up some screenshots. Doesn't look too interesting and only got a 4/10. But those can be misleading sometimes.

I only read a faq on it later on and watched some video.  It seems to play pretty closely to the N64 game, but without the 3D, so I imagine part of that scoring was the fanboys latching onto it being Quest and automatically taking a lot of points off the top to start.