IGNORED

Zombies ate my neighbors box variant verification

This along with Final Fight Guy are tough because they have a cheaper cardboard with white interior. I would compare it to an authentic one online very carefully and make sure you are covered in case of receiving a fake. I am not familiar with Mercari though but would suggest the usual precautions such as seller feedback and sales history, a proof of picture (box with their username or current date in the photo). Not sure there is much else you can do without seeing it in person before purchase. Even with the somewhat cheaper material I think once you have it in hand it should be pretty easy to tell the difference even with the increased quality of repro boxes.

Yeah this one is tough because he has like 250 feedback and all 5 stars pretty much. But he hasn't had the game long, so my concern is that maybe be got his hands on a fake. He commented on the white interior cardboard, and pics I've found show the same, but the lack of wear on it is crazy. Possible, but just knowing it's rarity, I wasn't expecting it. It's the first time I wish a box was damaged just a little bit more 😂

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 1:03 PM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

This is back up on eBay and mercari. Can anyone affirm it? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143674550381

If it’s legit it’s one of the best condition boxes out there. It almost seems too nice.  I’ve had a couple different saved searches on eBay for the variant box and it doesn’t show up on either, or under sold listings and one of them is “Zombies Ate My Neighbors Variant”. For rare stuff the saved searches are about worthless. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

It has just enough wear to make me think it is legit. And the SOQ looks good. If I were in the market, I would have pulled the trigger.

One of the difficult parts about it was I saw it on mercari months ago and when I asked seller (same guy) for more pics I heard nothing back even after initial communication. Also, seems to really be defending the fact that it's not fake. Idk. If it's real it's super nice condition. Did think SOQ looked fine though too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

One of the difficult parts about it was I saw it on mercari months ago and when I asked seller (same guy) for more pics I heard nothing back even after initial communication. Also, seems to really be defending the fact that it's not fake. Idk. If it's real it's super nice condition. Did think SOQ looked fine though too

Yeah. This game will always be a risky buy thanks to the cheap paperboard. It's unfortunate, but not much you can do about it.

19 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

The interaction you described here with this seller sounds like a red flag in my humble opinion. If someone is selling very valuable collectables but has very poor communication, I'd pass immediately. Not being willing to provide more photos and/or details of a high valued item is another red flag.

I've been burned a handful of times by dishonest sellers over the years, and this just seems too risky to me to spend that kind of money. 

• Like 1

I think the eBay listing is a legit copy. The wear looks authentic and the box looks like a good consistency in terms of finish and color compared to a real one. I wouldn't put too much weight on the guy not responding when requesting more pictures. It's annoying as a buyer looking for more details but I'm sure he received a lot of questions and low-ball offers and probably thought you were a tire kicker even after your initial interest.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris said:

I just got one today in even better shape. Im going to sell it but i feel like im almost obligated to get it graded so everyone knows its 100% legit

20200904_184749.jpg

*grumble* I will not buy games in September....I will not buy games in September. I will not buy games in September.

... If you have it in October let me know.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...