IGNORED

Can you name every Nintendo published NES game?

acromite53

Found this quiz online. Without cheating or practicing, from the top of your head right now, can you list all these games? You have 15 minutes.

I got 58/73. I've been out of the NES game a little too long.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/bowserjrdood/every-game-on-the-nes-published-by-nintendo?t=nes

Edited by acromite53

12 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I got 49. I didn't even remember Kung Fu. 

Hide contents

Adventures of Lolo got me, was that published by Nintendo? Also all the 1990s sports games I forgot. Also Pin-Bot was published by Nintendo, but High Speed wasn't. I would've never gotten that either.

I was just looking up the first game you mentioned in the spoiler. Most places have it listed as being published by HAL America. Only the last NES game made by HAL seems to be listed as published by Nintendo (1993). So, I kind of doubt the other game was published by Nintendo.

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

Talk about being put on the spot, I'm ashamed I couldn't remember all 30 black boxes immediately...I forgot about:

1. Golf
  2. Hogan's Alley
  3. Mach Rider
  4. Wild Gunman

1. Donkey Kong Classics
  2. Super Team Games

1. Cobra Triangle
  2. Dance Aerobics
  3. To The Earth

1. Super Spike V'Ball (embarrassed about this one since I like this game)
  2. Super Spike V'Ball / World Cup Soccer (see above)

1. NES Open Tournament Golf

I got 49 and probably wouldn't have got many more regardless of time. I got the majority of BB games and then started naming major franchises. Picked up a few random ones after that but the ones I missed I either would have never thought of the game or didn't know Nintendo had anything to do with it.

I got 63.

I missed some really, really obvious ones like Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, and both Yoshi games. I just blanked on them. Concentrating on too many obscure titles.

I totally missed that Nintendo published the first Lolo game.

Edited by Tulpa

51, but super spike v'ball wouldn't register when I put it in.  Tried it a bunch of different ways.  Forgot some simple ones:

10-yard fight

Golf

Mach Rider

Pinball

Pro Wrestling

Gumshoe

Ice Hockey

Thought Cobra Triangle and Snake Rattle and Roll were published by Rare, but got the sneaky MM6.  I'm out of practice, but could have been worse.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:11 AM, DefaultGen said:

I got 49. I didn't even remember Kung Fu. 

Reveal hidden contents

Adventures of Lolo got me, was that published by Nintendo? Also all the 1990s sports games I forgot. Also Pin-Bot was published by Nintendo, but High Speed wasn't. I would've never gotten that either.

I didn't remember Kung Fu either haha😶

40 minutes ago, Br81zad said:

Did anyone get Mega Man 6? I thought they were all Capcom

Yeah, Capcom was like "we're kind of done with NES Mega Mans, we'd like to move on to SNES" and Nintendo was like, "Yo, dog, Mega Man will never die on NES! We'll publish it!"

16 minutes ago, scaryice said:

67/73

Missed: Adventures of Lolo, Pro Wrestling, RC Pro-am, Slalom, Snake Rattle 'n Roll, Urban Champion. I was just badmouthing Urban Champion on NA last week, so of course I missed it. Slalom I never wouldve got...

I did manage to get all the Black Box games, but I have a system to remember them.

I'm shocked some of you got stuff like Super Team Games. I totally forgot that even existed. Must be a lot of Power Pad users here. 😛

Still kicking myself for Final Fantasy, DW and the Yoshis.

I got MM6 because it's often discussed in the "I can't believe Nintendo published it" conversations.  There is also the "Capcom" version that is very hard to come by.  Seems to show up in South America more often than anywhere else, but still nearly impossible to find.

No idea of the origin of that one, but it forced me to remember that Capcom didn't distribute it for the general public.

33 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

BTW, did they mess up on Adventures of Lolo? It sure looks like HAL Labs published it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventures_of_Lolo

Yeah that's what I mentioned earlier. It looks like Kirby's adventure was the first (and only on the NES) nintendo published HAL game, but Adventures of Lolo came out long before that. 

2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Yeah that's what I mentioned earlier. It looks like Kirby's adventure was the first (and only on the NES) nintendo published HAL game, but Adventures of Lolo came out long before that. 

I know after Metal Slader Glory nearly bankrupted HAL, Nintendo stepped in to publish most of their stuff, but that was long after the Lolo series.