IGNORED

How many editions of the Analogue NT Mini are there?

Homebrew Team · Posted

First run - Intial run.  Available in anodized (grey).

Second run - Had some improvements to the cart slot.  Added a color option, black.

Final run - Called noir.  Improved the pin connectors and used a different FPGA.  Changed logo.  Only available in gunmetal color.

Edit: I might be wrong about improved cart slot for second run.  I have to find documentation on it.  Was going off memory.

Edited by Deadeye
  • Thanks 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, wyansas said:

I know the NT just had one run, but how many for the Mini?

Also the NT had two runs.  First edition, the cart slot could scratch carts.  Changed it on the 2nd edition.  First run only came as RGB.  2nd edition, you had the option of hidef NES added.

@DefaultGen has one.  He may know more about this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Also the NT had two runs.  First edition, the cart slot could scratch carts.  Changed it on the 2nd edition.  First run only came as RGB.  2nd edition, you had the option of hidef NES added.

I believe this is correct. I'm pretty sure mine is a second run as it doesn't scratch my carts and it has HDMI out.

21 hours ago, Deadeye said:

The scratching carts thing was more worry than epidemic IIRC. The second run still has metal flaps scraping up against plastic and they're not burred or anything so I don't think they "fixed" much. It's not a big issue, but it's not well-designed either. They sent out free little cheap bits of plastic you can jam into the cartridge slots to keep the dust flaps constantly open, the least elegant solution of all time. Not sure how many the first run sold, the second run was 300 units. They ran out of salvaged chips apparently, no surprise.

Don't forget about the 10 $5000 gold plated Analogue Nts and the 10 Famicom anodized ones, w@w special and r@re!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1