IGNORED

Guinness World Records reinstates Billy Mitchells cheated high scores.

Guinness is just further proving that they are not an authority on video gaming (not that anyone but 12 year olds consider them an authority on anything). I have to wonder what corruption or willful ignorance is behind the scenes of this. There is a thread on DK forum detailing everything that exactly proves Billy Mitchell cheated and why none of his defenses or distractions exonerate him.

Billy cheated for his MAME scores with crazy RNG and unnecessarily risky play that never backfired, not high score strategy. The fact that he can recreate his scores now after 15 years of newly researched DK strategy and record scores that are 200k higher means nothing. He’s an old man desperately clinging to his cheated relevance.

This is why competitive gaming scenes are largely policed by individual experts, not generalist scorekeeper organizations and good old boys like Guinness or Twin Galaxies.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't understand how anyone was able to argue they are legitimate. People hacked Barnstorming to remove all buildings, flew the plane straight and were still unable to match the time set by Billy. Same with Dragster, how do you even argue that?

What was Billy's response to that?

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't understand how anyone was able to argue they are legitimate. People hacked Barnstorming to remove all buildings, flew the plane straight and were still unable to match the time set by Billy. Same with Dragster, how do you even argue that?

That was Todd Rogers, not Billy, but yeah they did the same analysis to his DK scores and pretty much determined he cheated 100%, but hey, when you've got the right connections and threaten to sue....

Billy Mitchell is a true gaming hero and sporting legend!

I rank him up there with the all time sporting greats... Lance Armstrong, Tonya Harding, Barry Bonds... The kind of people willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get ahead! 

All you LOSERS whining about cheating got to ask yourself one thing... If you're not MAMEing at Donkey Kong, pumping your blood with Bull Semen, or smashing apart the kneecaps of your opponents, are you even competing at all?! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, OptOut said:

All you LOSERS whining about cheating got to ask yourself one thing... If you're not MAMEing at Donkey Kong, pumping your blood with Bull Semen, or smashing apart the kneecaps of your opponents, are you even competing at all?! 🤣

I can guarantee you I’m doing two of the three

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Guinness Book of World Records is a shitty scam. 

If you weren't actually aware of this, you can watch John Oliver's show regarding all the "records" that have been awarded to dictator Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov (12:40 mark) such as their amazing win of "worlds largest indoor Ferris wheel"). Guinness Wold Records makes a killing off this by "helping" people break records. 

Oh, and they refused to acknowledge John Oliver's new world record for largest marble cake (yeah, it's a real "thing")...

https://slate.com/culture/2019/08/john-oliver-last-week-tonight-turkmenistan-guinness-world-records.html

“I guess we just don’t run a brutal enough dictatorship to meet Guinness World Records’ high ethical standards,” said Oliver. 

• Haha 1

From what i understand they've been threatened by Billy with legal action for defamation or some shit alone those lines so they re-instated him after having pulled him previously. Twin Galaxies has not re-instated him as of now and they'll have to face his lawsuit.

14 hours ago, cartman said:

From what i understand they've been threatened by Billy with legal action for defamation or some shit alone those lines so they re-instated him after having pulled him previously. Twin Galaxies has not re-instated him as of now and they'll have to face his lawsuit.

The owner of Twin Galaxies stated in the video they are reinstating his records.

Homebrew Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The owner of Twin Galaxies stated in the video they are reinstating his records.

Guinness World Records is reinstating the records, Twin Galaxies is not.

Walter Day, founder / former owner of Twin Galaxies, appeared in the video, but he is not the current owner of Twin Galaxies.

13 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Is Walter Day's entire reason for existing living in the afterglow of Bill MItchell's faded glory?

im not a huge fan of walter day but what he did (for his own gain or otherwise) with his arcade and the high scores and what it meant for some of those guys is pretty cool. 

without walter day those guys and or video games probably wouldnt have ended up on time magazine.

other than that the guy seems a bit greasy and hard to read or tell where he is really coming from or what his intentions are.