IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

56 minutes ago, Magus said:

@Homeboyks@Gloves

Dev is on it now, this is definitely a big issue so he is dropping what he has to fix this. Thanks again for the heads up. 

The missing sales data will be next, with hopefully an audit that will net the rest of these. I will post an update when i know more. 

Unfortunately, this means my overall collection value may not look as impressive when displayed in Canadian, but it's for the greater good. 😄

@Gloves@Homeboyks

Okay, can you guys check for me now? I believe this should be fixed. There was a bug in the conversion. And the conversion rate was outdated. 

The overall averages seem to be accurate, and the sales data below as well. But just in case i wanted to make sure with you guys things are correct. 

Edited by Magus

Administrator · Posted
48 minutes ago, Magus said:

@Gloves@Homeboyks

Okay, can you guys check for me now? I believe this should be fixed. There was a bug in the conversion. And the conversion rate was outdated. 

The overall averages seem to be accurate, and the sales data below as well. But just in case i wanted to make sure with you guys things are correct. 

Still an issue w/ loose.

Mario 64 USD:

image.png

CAD:

image.png

Administrator · Posted

Further, I'd suggest that they add a "comment" field for when you report an error:

Annotation 2020-08-13 002734.png

Without context, they may not see the reason I reported it. A graded Player's Choice copy of Mario 64 is listed under the original release, which greatly skews the numbers.

Further further, that line of copy needs updated.

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Further, I'd suggest that they add a "comment" field for when you report an error:

Without context, they may not see the reason I reported it. A graded Player's Choice copy of Mario 64 is listed under the original release, which greatly skews the numbers.

Further further, that line of copy needs updated.

I'll mention the comment field, but it might not be necessary. These come through me directly now and 9/10 times the issue is very obvious why a game was flagged. PC under original release, manual missing from a CIB listing, reproduction, etc. It's always the same reasons. But it's worth mentioning. 

I just removed the PC mario, thanks. If you look at the way Graded is listed, there is actually no overall average for that category because it wouldn't really make sense. If it were a CIB , NEW, or Loose, then yes you are right it can skew the average and graph up. The hope is if and when these get through, they are reported so i can quickly remove them. I directly have access to this now which i did not in the past and will be monitoring these daily as they come through. 

The LOOSE cad issue will be resolved in the morning, thanks. I overlooked this and thought it was fixed across the board, looks like Loose was left out of the fix. 

Edited by Magus

1 hour ago, Magus said:

@Gloves@Homeboyks

Looks much better now (apart from the loose category as mentioned)  Thanks Magus.

• Like 1

Ah, I hate to keep doing this, but the pricing shenanigans continue.  Looks like the overall game lists for an entire system are kept separate from the main pricing.  I went into PS1 and organized the list by the most expensive games.  The USD list looks accurate, but when converting that list to CAD and doing the same organization, the values are WAY below what the rest of the site lists it as.

USD.PNG

CAD.PNG

Believe me, I wish Klonoa: Door To Phantomile was still a $239 CAD game, but sadly it is not.

Edited by Homeboyks
Humour

@Homeboyks@Gloves

Loose conversion should be fixed. Platform list conversions are being worked on now. 

It looks like the wording on Persona is causing issues. Most ebay listings have Revelations Series: Persona. GVN has Persona: Revelations series. 

Could be something else, but looking quickly it looks like a naming issue and incorrect keywords. 

EDIT- Looks like the platform list conversion is also fixed. Again if you guys see any issues send them my way. I will try and get them fixed asap. 

Edited by Magus

5 hours ago, Galdius said:

@Magus I noticed that some of my AES games don't show a value. Those games are: World Heroes 2, Sonic Wings 2 and Samurai Spirits Zero Special.

Can you look into it? Thanks!

I'll look into these, thanks for the report. Are some of these Japanese games?

Edited by Magus

3 hours ago, Galdius said:

All 3 of them are Japanese.

Thought so.

So world heroes 2 is showing a bunch of sales data as recent as 8/4 with avaerages for all 3 categories. 

Sonic wings 2 and samurai spirits have no sales data on ebay for the past few months. It looks like there was a keyword error from when these were first added to the database years ago before even Gocollect times. 

I do see a CIB sonic wings 2 sale on ebay from 6/1, so that will be added. But there are no sales to add for samurai spirits that i can locate on ebay. 

These 2 will have the keywords adjusted, and will pull in sales from now on. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 1.02.00 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus said:

Thought so.

So world heroes 2 is showing a bunch of sales data as recent as 8/4 with avaerages for all 3 categories. 

Sonic wings 2 and samurai spirits have no sales data on ebay for the past few months. It looks like there was a keyword error from when these were first added to the database years ago before even Gocollect times. 

I do see a CIB sonic wings 2 sale on ebay from 6/1, so that will be added. But there are no sales to add for samurai spirits that i can locate on ebay. 

These 2 will have the keywords adjusted, and will pull in sales from now on. 

Thanks @Magus!

On 8/15/2020 at 12:13 PM, fusoyaff2 said:

Last I checked there were nearly 100 PS4 and Vita games that I custom created that are still listed as user created and aren't otherwise in the database. Is this site EVER going to start adding new games for these systems? 

Switch is being added now which was the most requested system to be added/finished. PS4 and Vita are possibilities, it's been discussed, but let me see what the timeline on those might be. 

• Like 1

Hi @Magus! Many of the graded game prices are off compared to sealed.

For example, some of the most popular titles for SNES, like Zelda ALTTP, Dracula X, Lufia . Also, titles like FFIII and FFII in new condition are way off. FFIII sealed hasn't been $1k for the longest time. I can also say the same for black label FFVII for PS1 graded/sealed, there's records of this game selling for over $3k not so long ago, and it's currently hovering just under $1k.

I'm sure I can say the same about many other titles.

Just thought I'd point this out FYI. Also, do you track hertiage auctions, and would those make it into the price algorithm?

Edited by Amermoe

1 hour ago, Amermoe said:

Hi @Magus! Many of the graded game prices are off compared to sealed.

For example, some of the most popular titles for SNES, like Zelda ALTTP, Dracula X, Lufia . Also, titles like FFIII and FFII in new condition are way off. FFIII sealed hasn't been $1k for the longest time. I can also say the same for black label FFVII for PS1 graded/sealed, there's records of this game selling for over $3k not so long ago, and it's currently hovering just under $1k.

I'm sure I can say the same about many other titles.

Just thought I'd point this out FYI. Also, do you track hertiage auctions, and would those make it into the price algorithm?

So just to clarify, what do you mean the prices are off for graded compared to sealed? I am looking at Zelda ALTTP for example, and nothing seems to be out of place in the graded tab. If you are referring to the games sold showing up as $144 and $348, those are graded CIB games, not sealed. Which is why they are considerably cheaper. It's why we don't have an average for graded games, because prices are all over the place depening on the grade and condition. 

As for FF3, it looks like there are no sales being pulled in. I will check on this one, as i can imagine there has been at least more than 1 of these sold in the last 2 years. 

FF2 was a mess, there were sealed games showing up that were definitely bogus since before Gocollect in 2016. I am cleaning this one up now. Also has no sales since september of 2019. There is definitely some keyword issues with this one pulling in the wrong titles. 

I am not sure what you mean with FF7 as well though. It's average is a little over $1000 right now for sealed, which seems about right. There were some big money $3000 sales at the peak of corona and the release of the remake, but also many others in the $1000 range since then and some less, which brings the average down. 

Yes heritage auctions are going to be linked for WATA games. There are already 3,000+ listings from the past year logged in for various systems. Especially NES. 

Thanks for the report! I'll fix what i see so far. 

Edited by Magus
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Magus said:

So just to clarify, what do you mean the prices are off for graded compared to sealed? I am looking at Zelda ALTTP for example, and nothing seems to be out of place in the graded tab. If you are referring to the games sold showing up as $144 and $348, those are graded CIB games, not sealed. Which is why they are considerably cheaper. It's why we don't have an average for graded games, because prices are all over the place depening on the grade and condition. 

As for FF3, it looks like there are no sales being pulled in. I will check on this one, as i can imagine there has been at least more than 1 of these sold in the last 2 years. 

FF2 was a mess, there were sealed games showing up that were definitely bogus since before Gocollect in 2016. I am cleaning this one up now. Also has no sales since september of 2019. There is definitely some keyword issues with this one pulling in the wrong titles. 

I am not sure what you mean with FF7 as well though. It's average is a little over $1000 right now for sealed, which seems about right. There were some big money $3000 sales at the peak of corona and the release of the remake, but also many others in the $1000 range since then and some less, which brings the average down. 

Yes heritage auctions are going to be linked for WATA games. There are already 3,000+ listings from the past year logged in for various systems. Especially NES. 

Thanks for the report! I'll fix what i see so far. 

Hi Magus, first I want to say thanks for responding. I think I speak for a lot of people for saying that we appreciate all the work you're putting into this. 

I didn't really clarify my earlier post, so I'll try to explain it better. I think the real issue I see is that CIB graded games are being lumped with sealed graded games, and what often happens is that graded games prices get priced for a value that is less than a sealed equivalent item. I know it's not an easy task to catalog graded games, because they are heavily score dependent, but I think there at least needs to be a distinction between (VGA Qualified/Wata CIB) or (VGA standard/Wata sealed). The price difference between the two types is extremely significant. 

You're right about FFVII, but I have seen graded prices hit the $2-3k on a consistent basis for the past few years on that game. The sealed market is all over the place I agree. It is very condition sensitive. The copy that went for $3k recently, was in near-mint condition, and would've graded high.

Here's a few past graded examples I don't see catalogued: 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/-/-/a/7229-97269.s

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PS1-Playstation-1-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-7-Black-Label-New-VGA-90-Factory-Sealed-MINT-/173540077745?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

There's a lot more but unfortunately ebay does not keep the history live for more than a few months.

Edited by Amermoe

34 minutes ago, Amermoe said:

Hi Magus, first I want to say thanks for responding. I think I speak for a lot of people for saying that we appreciate all the work you're putting into this. 

I didn't really clarify my earlier post, so I'll try to explain it better. I think the real issue I see is that CIB graded games are being lumped with sealed graded games, and what often happens is that graded games prices get priced for a value that is less than a sealed equivalent item. I know it's not an easy task to catalog graded games, because they are heavily score dependent, but I think there at least needs to be a distinction between (VGA Qualified/Wata CIB) or (VGA standard/Wata sealed). The price difference between the two types is extremely high. 

You're right about FFVII, but I have seen graded prices hit the $2-3k on a consistent basis for the past few years on that game. The sealed market is all over the place I agree. It is very condition sensitive. The copy that went for $3k recently, was in near-mint condition, and would've graded high.

Here's a few past graded examples: 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/-/-/a/7229-97269.s

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PS1-Playstation-1-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-7-Black-Label-New-VGA-90-Factory-Sealed-MINT-/173540077745?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

There's a lot more but unfortunately ebay does not keep the history live for more than a few months.

Thank you, i appreciate that. I am certainly trying to help work out all the kinks and make the site better. I definitely appreciate all the support, bugs, and comments everybody has written here. Even complaints. All of this helps to get the site in a better place, and having this connection to the community is something that i think will set GVN apart from Pricecharting. 

I will mention the separate CIB qualified/sealed Graded request and see what they say. The idea like i said though is that there is no average for the graded column like there is for Complete/Loose/Sealed. So the fact both types of games are under one umbrella of "Graded", doesn't really matter much other than for aesthetics, no averages or prices are being affected in any way. And when looking up comparable sales for a graded game, whether it be sealed graded or CIB qualified/Graded, you are going to be comparing like sales in the same general vicinity of condition. Which is available on GVN at the moment. Every graded sale has the grade number and a letter for the seal rating. So if someone is looking for sealed graded sales, they would just look and see the sales that pertain to them. Same goes for someone looking for CIB qualified sales. The data is all there without interfering with each other. BUT i do understand that separating them could look a little neater, which i will mention. 

For FF7 there are no graded games at all in the database at the moment. So that clearly is an issue, that HA listing you posted will be added and any other Wata sales we can find to get some data back in there. I am not sure why that HA sale is missing, we pulled in THOUSANDS of sales that i had to manually enter lol So if your point is that graded sales data is missing, i totally get that and will be fixed. But other than that i am still not following you on the issue with FF7 and it's average raw "Sealed" price. The sealed tab has all correct data and sales from ebay, i just looked it over. The average is legit. Most of the sales over the past 3 years are between 300-500 until just recently. Those 2 $3000 sales aren't enough to jack the average way up for the entirety of the sealed category. Especially since it immediately cooled off and had recent sales of $1000 and under. What average are you expecting to see for the "sealed" tab? Are you saying the $1,100 showing up now is not an accurate average? Just want to clarify and make sure i am on the same page! 

Also please be aware that VGA is likely to no longer be tracked in GVN going further. Wata appears to be the future for a huge majority of graded collectors and this is what is being chosen as the platform for graded tracking. There is also a direct link to Wata to GVN, which links the certification number, which then will pull in all the data for that game and grade information. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 10.14.59 PM.png

Edited by Magus