IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

@VegaVegas im not real sure what your trying to say but im not doubting your score is legit and your right putting a written name and capturing the entire screen is not what makes a score legit. im no ansel adams but i was able to capture my entire crt my user name on a piece of paper and my nes console with a clear score all in one picture. 

i hope you understand. no one is questioning your score.

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It's been the rules for years for every game, going back to NintendoAge. In the past there have been photoshopped scores. It doesn't matter how high your score is, everyone has to play by that rule. And it is stated in the original post.

At any rate, the Recca score will stay on the screen until you hit reset, so it's plenty of time to turn on the room lights and throw a piece of paper up with your screen name on it to get a photo with the entire screen.

Again, you don't know how photography works and don't want to acknowledge the fact that lighting in my room sucks. I'm not going to bother explaining it again

Everyone see for yourself what I'm talking about. Full screen photo is much clearer and relatively readable (but even not always). Photo of the whole TV is kinda visible but the screen is noticeably worse (score displayed in little digits is completely unreadable). My camera just sucks. Tell me what I'm supposed to do in the future though. You can compare the quality. If that invalidates my scores then unfortunately I'm completely outta here

Fx6mYHe.jpg

Wf8iBg8.jpg

16 hours ago, ninjistar said:

Buying a real cart is on my list! Did you buy it a while back and get a much better deal than today's prices?

I bought my copy a couple of years ago and it looks like the price has hardly moved since then, but I did snag it when eBay was doing 20% off coupons for awhile so it was sort of a deal.  🙂

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

I do know photography (professional experience) and I at the least can say that a photo like this (different game, same "issues") would have sufficed. (see below) 

Note that there are zero lights on in my room, only that of the television, no flash. 

This isn't about getting a beautiful photo, simply getting a score on screen with a paper with your username on it. 

IMG_20200621_232415.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I do know photography (professional experience) and I at the least can say that a photo like this (different game, same "issues") would have sufficed. (see below) 

Note that there are zero lights on in my room, only that of the television, no flash. 

This isn't about getting a beautiful photo, simply getting a score on screen with a paper with your username on it. 

IMG_20200621_232415.jpg

It’s a beauty eh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the funny thing is the guy has played twice before. 

Ai and star force. both of his previous scores were submitted the same way, both were accepted and no one ever said anything. 

they were only participation level scores so maybe thats why it got over looked but knowing this makes not acceptingbhis score here look bad.

maybe just let it slide this time.... idk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Events Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

and that gives bert a 1 point lead in the genre. fffuuuuuuuu

i forgot to take a pic of my better score and i vouched for a score to knock me off and out...

what the hell is wrong with me lol

It's probably that Neil Young song that is working on your unconscious and forcing you to be a good guy for no good reason!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

the funny thing is the guy has played twice before. 

Ai and star force. both of his previous scores were submitted the same way, both were accepted and no one ever said anything. 

they were only participation level scores so maybe thats why it got over looked but knowing this makes not acceptingbhis score here look bad.

maybe just let it slide this time.... idk.

I’ve stopped putting in any actual effort. I’ll play, just won’t play all week. I lose, I lose. Not gonna play all week to just get my ass kicked at the end by who knows who. 

13 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I’ve stopped putting in any actual effort. I’ll play, just won’t play all week. I lose, I lose. Not gonna play all week to just get my ass kicked at the end by who knows who. 

your starting to sound like @gutsman004 and @Reed Rothchild

Edited by 42 foot tapeworm
  • Like 1