IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted

gotcha.....actually imo.....this one seems to be the best thus far, or at least the prettiest and most enjoyable to me anyway.....idk, I'm not that big of a fan of shmups.  they can be fun tho. so not saying I hate them by any means....just easily frustrates me lol

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

gotcha.....actually imo.....this one seems to be the best thus far, or at least the prettiest and most enjoyable to me anyway.....idk, I'm not that big of a fan of shmups.  they can be fun tho. so not saying I hate them by any means....just easily frustrates me lol

It is a fun game. If I had a full week to play, I might have been able to finish it.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Sorry to disappoint ya @Bearcat-Doug but I havent tried again, and I don't have enough time to do so 😞  I had to get my lunch ready and all that good stuff.  Contra Force rules look like they might suck, but with a little luck i can knock it at least past the bases 😉  I will start on this tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

Sorry to disappoint ya @Bearcat-Doug but I havent tried again, and I don't have enough time to do so 😞  I had to get my lunch ready and all that good stuff.  Contra Force rules look like they might suck, but with a little luck i can knock it at least past the bases 😉  I will start on this tomorrow.

I'm one and done on Contra Force, but it's the mid way point of the season so I figured I'd get a participation score in. If I don't hit 90 overall points after tonight, those extra 3 should put me over the mark and give me enough for a tournament spot.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, ninjistar said:

I'm sure that @BeaIank and @guillavoie will determine if that score counts. Not so sure it complies with the rules. 🤔

I had counted it, but now that you pointed out, it doesn't have the player name on screen nor the full screen can be seen.
I am rectifying that and removing the score for now.

3 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I had counted it, but now that you pointed out, it doesn't have the player name on screen nor the full screen can be seen.
I am rectifying that and removing the score for now.

I didn't want to be "that guy", but I know we have the rules for a reason. I'm sure that @VegaVegas can match his score again as 3.8m in this game is not achieved by the casual player!

Events Team · Posted
Just now, ninjistar said:

I didn't want to be "that guy", but I know we have the rules for a reason. I'm sure that @VegaVegas can match his score again as 3.8m in this game is not achieved by the casual player!

Aye, but I at least need to see a computer monitor, TV or laptop on the picture, even without the tag to consider it, specially with a score that high.
I am sure he can fix that within the remaining time frame.

Huh I'm sorry but wut, a score that qualifies for a high place is always suspicious?? This doesn't make any sense. Well, I would argue with the rules as the team probably has absolutely no idea how photography works. It's so late at night and all of my photos will look like shit anyway. If you want to photograph a screen, especially this black like Recca score screen then you are supposed to set light levels in your camera in order for screen to be visible at all. Otherwise if you want to photograph an environment (meaning the whole TV for some reason) then you COULD see something but at the same time the score would be completely unreadable, no chance. You choose either this or that. If you want me to photoshop my username into the picture then please give me 30 minutes. Otherwise even if I printed it and adhere on my screen (no idea how that would evaluate anyway) then there is 99% chance you would never see it anyway. These are the photography facts, anyone else please confirm this. If my photo has anything to do with "not being legit" then it was played on a real console on CRT. Please check full photo and see the artifacts, I have nothing else to say

8 minutes ago, VegaVegas said:

Huh I'm sorry but wut, a score that qualifies for a high place is always suspicious??

It's been the rules for years for every game, going back to NintendoAge. In the past there have been photoshopped scores. It doesn't matter how high your score is, everyone has to play by that rule. And it is stated in the original post.

At any rate, the Recca score will stay on the screen until you hit reset, so it's plenty of time to turn on the room lights and throw a piece of paper up with your screen name on it to get a photo with the entire screen.

Edited by Tulpa