IGNORED

Evercade Impressions?

Tanooki

Topic basically is it.

I've seen enough mixed comments about it I want to like it enough to try it out, but given the price and what I have read I'm wondering, does anyone here have one and want to give a positive and negative feedback about it?

I like some of the carts, but I wonder if this is just some pandemic(coincidence) riding one hit wonder handheld people are scooping up out of somewhat still locked down boredom, or is there some real quality here to exploit?

I'm still waiting on mine from Amazon, but the reviews are pretty darn good so far. I linked a few of them in the other thread if you want to check them out. Apparently the build quality and emulation are both top notch. I'll add some impressions when I eventually get mine.

Edited by DoctorEncore

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'd be curious how they function in users hands, and I saw enough complaining how XY BA are reversed, not sure if the in game stuff is backwards too as that would be a curse to anyone comfortable with the titles already.

They have a firmware update out to swap the buttons and they are working on one for complete remapping. I'm not sure why this was such a problem, but obviously part of the growing pains of a new company. Overall, a pretty successful launch though.

https://www.evercade.co.uk/button-mapping/

Edited by DoctorEncore

13 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

They have a firmware update out to swap the buttons and they are working on one for complete remapping. I'm not sure why this was such a problem, but obviously part of the growing pains of a new company. Overall, a pretty successful launch though.

https://www.evercade.co.uk/button-mapping/

Well considering the mass amount of Nintendo/SNES ports and the button layout being the polar opposite it would cause a lot of their base audience being used to BA (not AB) and YX (not XY) that's a huge relief.  If you're used to something after years of on and off play to have it swapped, it gets weird.  I never could adapt to that crap conversion of those Mega Man games to Gamecube the idiots mapped backwards with no remap possible(yet did allow it on PS2 for some jerk reason alone.)

• Like 1