IGNORED

Recommendation for 3rd Party GBA SP chargers?

Clutchcards

Hey all, I've been game hunting and I've accumulated 5 GBA SPs (all without chargers). I purchased a lot of 3rd Party chargers off eBay, although they work they do make a weird fuzzy/humming sound. Makes me skeptical to use them. Anyone aware of a decent 3rd Party brand charger for the GBA SP or should I expect a similar quality. 

I've had the same humming paranoia about those too so I just pitch em when I get one and pay up for an original.  I know the idea was with the copycats to just rub the Nintendo logo off the plastic molds, but I have to wonder what corners were cut inside to make that happen as I've never seen a side by side unscrewed comparison that would give a reason.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've had the same humming paranoia about those too so I just pitch em when I get one and pay up for an original.  I know the idea was with the copycats to just rub the Nintendo logo off the plastic molds, but I have to wonder what corners were cut inside to make that happen as I've never seen a side by side unscrewed comparison that would give a reason.

So all 3rd party Gameboy Advance SP chargers will hum? Is it possible these chargers are damaging the console?

I bought a 5 pack on eBay using a $5 coupon and got them for only $11-$12, but I'm still considering a return. Wish there was a cheap alternative that doesn't hum.

10 hours ago, Clutchcards said:

So all 3rd party Gameboy Advance SP chargers will hum? Is it possible these chargers are damaging the console?

I bought a 5 pack on eBay using a $5 coupon and got them for only $11-$12, but I'm still considering a return. Wish there was a cheap alternative that doesn't hum.

I have no clue, and would have to do what you should do -- ask some questions in google.  For all I know it's fine, could just be electronic noise having something hum converting the juice coming in to something acceptable by the SP, but my issue even with that is, why did they halfass it that bad and is there a drawback to it?