IGNORED

SNES M.A.C.S Rifle Restoration Question

Ben3099

Alright,

I have a unique question that I wanted to ask this community.

In the very near future, I may have access to a MACS rifle and cartridge.  The cartridge is fine, however the rifle is, well, kind of in pieces.  To that end, the dummy rifle is still one complete piece, however the electronics to the light laser have kind of been trashed and the connecting cable from the laser has been cut.  I wanted to know if there was anyone that had pictures of a fully assembled rifle, especially pictures of where the laser connects to the rifle.  There is a bag of parts that came along with everything and their is a chance to fully reassemble everything, however I need some other pictures of the assembly or possible documents for assembly to see if this is feasible.

Also, I wanted to know if a normal controller cord could be connected to the cut laser cord to have it connect into the system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cord should be able to be repaired fairly easy. If it’s cut you’ll have colored wires that you can match up to a new wire. only problem I can think of is the wire length if I remember right it is super long.

Not sure what you mean by trashed electronics. Is it just the cord?

FC612456-F7DA-4EC6-8842-2E3AC473E69D.jpeg.9933a775b9ad18df54d22cb10cad5caa.jpeg

Hey,

Cord is chopped near the laser.  There is enough there to attach another to it however the problem would be attaching it the switch inside so it would be able to function properly.  Any ideas of how to hook it up on the inside and/or pictures for assembly inside the unit?

Also, since I am not sure the function of light guns, does the switch inside create a break in signal, thus designating an input?  In other words, the light gun unit is always on and when you press the trigger, it hits the switch and creates an input?

Thanks!

Edited by Ben3099

5 minutes ago, Ben3099 said:

Hey,

Cord is chopped near the laser.  There is enough there to attach another to it however the problem would be attaching it the switch inside so it would be able to function properly.  Any ideas of how to hook it up on the inside and/or pictures for assembly inside the unit?

Also, since I am not sure the function of light guns, does the switch inside create a break in signal, thus designating an input?  In other words, the light gun unit is always on and when you press the trigger, it hits the switch and creates an input?

Thanks!

I don’t have a macs rifle to take apart to see how it’s put together.

When it was explained to me they said the screen has a square or squares for the targets on the screen that are white and everything else goes black. The photodiode on the light gun is always on and reading information off the screen. If it reads the white color within some millisecond of the flash it registers as a hit.

14 hours ago, jonebone said:

Might want to wait until this is in hand right? I just got contacted by someone with a cut MACS rifle asking to see pics of mine. I suppose it could be rewired but I wouldn't want to do that.

You personally wouldn’t want to do it or recommend not even an electronics expert attempt it?