IGNORED

NASA & Space Exploration

While we're back on this subject, we sadly lost a few days ago Michael Collins, the Command Module Pilot of Apollo 11 (first moon landing) 😞 

That only leaves Buzz as the last survivor of that trio.  I hope he at least lives to see us go back to the moon...though obviously his big dream all along is to see us to venture far and take a trip to Mars!

And this full length version of the Star Trek Enterprise theme ROCKS 🙂

I may have not gotten to seen the 60s Golden Age of Space Exploration but I sure hope with this new Space Race (NASA vs SpaceX) both sides will finally have sufficient fire lit under their butt for us to finally go back to the moon after almost 50 years and do I dare say, a trip to Mars? 🙂 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, avatar! said:

I know everyone has been incessantly worried about this... but put your minds at ease!!

Screenshot-from-2021-06-13-19-11-31.png

Yes, we have the green light to screw up another planet 🙂

This raises a question if a person gives birth on another planet where is the child a citizen of.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, Hybrid said:

This raises a question if a person gives birth on another planet where is the child a citizen of.

I'm sure it's whatever maritime law dictates in international waters and the same would probably be true for a child in Antarctica, if that were to somehow happen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot-from-2021-07-10-20-19-07.png

The flight is expected to last at least an hour, with lift-off is set for 9 AM ET on Sunday, and will be broadcast on ABC and CBS. Many other news outlets plan at least livestreaming the event.

VirginGalactic.com will be posting a livestream that morning, hosted by late night host Stephen Colbert. Grammy-nominated singer Khalid will also be debuting a new song at the landing site after Branson’s anticipated return.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot-from-2021-07-30-14-00-10.png

Yeah, it was an "error", just like all those Russian athletes using banned substances was an "error" ...

Okay, it really might be an error, but I'm actually going to throw doubt on it considering Russia's hatred of anything Western at this point especially space-related since they are now decades behind the USA - their arch-enemy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Heinz Marz Edition ketchup has implications that go far beyond flavor

211108101525-01-heinz-ketchup-mars-exlar

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/world/heinz-ketchup-mars-scn/

Heinz revealed its first "Marz Edition" ketchup with tomatoes produced on Earth in Mars-like conditions. A team of 14 astrobiologists worked for nine months at the Aldrin Space Institute at the Florida Institute of Technology, growing tomatoes in a controlled environment with soil, temperature and water conditions similar to Mars.

Okay, that is pretty cool 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer my plastic products to be made of the congealed toxic leftovers of various multi-million year old animal corpses and foliage like God intended, thank you very much.

Also, plastic will be seen as the asbestos of our day. I personally believe it's one of the biggest contributing factors of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cognitive disorders.

Also, what does that have to do with space?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Screenshot-from-2022-03-09-17-19-21.png

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket boosted the company's latest batch of Starlink internet satellites to low-Earth orbit Wednesday, but not before launch engineers poked fun at Russia's recent comments on U.S. space vehicles.

"Time to let the American broomstick fly and hear the sounds of freedom," SpaceX launch engineer Julia Black called out just before the 8:45 a.m. EST liftoff from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...