IGNORED

NASA & Space Exploration

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone check out the video yet? It's amazing!  

Carl Sagan coined the original term "pale blue dot". He had asked NASA to take a picture of Earth from Voyager's (the first) camera as it was leaving the solar system. You see the "rainbow-like" effec

The big 3-0 https://www.nasa.gov/content/hubbles-30th-anniversary

Posted Images

Wow I never thought of that, just nasty.  I knew they had the pee hose and figured they had some washing capsule with a hose that's closed up to rinse and then have the spray recycled in the same chamber as the pee is.  Yuk, imagine you keep those drawers on a week or two until you start gluing to it.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow I never thought of that, just nasty.  I knew they had the pee hose and figured they had some washing capsule with a hose that's closed up to rinse and then have the spray recycled in the same chamber as the pee is.  Yuk, imagine you keep those drawers on a week or two until you start gluing to it.

I think it is a lot easier to convert urine back into drinking water than it is to separate detergent.

Their "shower" is water-free shampoo for the most part, and I'm sure they all come home smelling worse than submariners.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

why the hell are they still using black and white video? you can't tell me they can't afford a color camera on the thing. Other than that I look forward to seeing more

It was taken by the hazard avoidance camera. They're not meant to be used for pretty pictures, but are actually used by the rover to detect hazards (hence the name). Don't worry, we'll get plenty of beautiful images and video 🙂

• Like 2
Member · Posted
49 minutes ago, avatar! said:

If I managed to experience outer space for myself at some point in my lifetime, see a view of Earth like the one in that image, I think I could die happy, and for once I'm not saying that as a joke, haha. I highly doubt something like that will exist for anyone but the upper elite in my lifetime, but I can dream!

• Like 2
Member · Posted
8 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

If I managed to experience outer space for myself at some point in my lifetime, see a view of Earth like the one in that image, I think I could die happy, and for once I'm not saying that as a joke, haha. I highly doubt something like that will exist for anyone but the upper elite in my lifetime, but I can dream!

Same here... I see this being like some $100k get away, after whatever the cost of launch would be through blue origin, space x, or whomever has the connecting (space)flight there.  I think if they could figure out what they're saying having it like those old models of scifi for decades using centripetal force, it could work. It would be a great learning experience for staff there long term to see what level of rotation is needed to create that artificial gravity well so peoples bodies don't fall apart.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...