IGNORED

Night / Dark Mode

fsped09

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Shame you can't (or can you) make it so that at certain hours it goes from light to dark and back.  They seemed to have added that with a time window on the latest iOS and I started to use it and it's really quite nice.

It's something I could technically do but it'd both be a lot of work, and go against my personal creed of "let people have things the way they want them". Consider that it'd have to be based on the server time, and that'd not align with everyone's clock either - people in Asia for instance might have Dark Mode forced on them during the day, and Light Mode during the night. I'd rather just let people choose the one they like more, or switch at will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

It's something I could technically do but it'd both be a lot of work, and go against my personal creed of "let people have things the way they want them". Consider that it'd have to be based on the server time, and that'd not align with everyone's clock either - people in Asia for instance might have Dark Mode forced on them during the day, and Light Mode during the night. I'd rather just let people choose the one they like more, or switch at will.

Fascinating.  But couldn't it not be forced, a third option, and one based upon the local time DST the user sets in their account anyway so the latest post times match their zone?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Fascinating.  But couldn't it not be forced, a third option, and one based upon the local time DST the user sets in their account anyway so the latest post times match their zone?

Now that I think of it, it'd not have to be forced, just a separate theme (Night & Day). That said, a fair bit of work more than likely. I might work on something in my down time but the truth is it'd be pretty low priority.

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Now that I think of it, it'd not have to be forced, just a separate theme (Night & Day). That said, a fair bit of work more than likely. I might work on something in my down time but the truth is it'd be pretty low priority.

Fair enough you got plenty going on trying to get this boat floating as new as it is.  Just something to consider on the B or C tier list of things later as it would be a uniquely cool feature aped from mobile devices.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Feel free to share specifics - like I say I only really did a quick pass.

One thing that stands out is the breadcrumbs:

.ipsBreadcrumb > ul > il { font-weight: 600; color: #2196f3 } 
.ipsBreadcrumb > ul:last-child > il:last-child { opacity: 0.8; color: #cd37ff; }

Colors are based off logo. I only mentioned changes, leave the rest the same. Try playing with Google's inspection and see if you like that. Helps those stand out with the dark background.

sample.png

Edited by rorsch

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, rorsch said:

One thing that stands out is the breadcrumbs:

.ipsBreadcrumb > ul > il { font-weight: 600; color: #2196f3 } 
.ipsBreadcrumb > ul:last-child > il:last-child { opacity: 0.8; color: #cd37ff; }

Colors are based off logo. I only mentioned changes, leave the rest the same. Try playing with Google's inspection and see if you like that. Helps those stand out with the dark background.

sample.png

That looks pretty nice, good call! I'll implement this.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

For some reason I'm getting a visual bug where my text in another thread has a white background in dark mode. It's not a huge deal, but it's jarring. The thread in question is at the link below. I'm using Chrome on Android 9 on a OnePlus 6T.  A screenshot is also below.

Screenshot_20191103-233432.thumb.jpg.3d2936760c5822882812a724a4928276.jpg

Thanks for the notice; I'll take a look when I get some time!

• Thanks 1