IGNORED

Nintendo Direct Refurbished Wii (U) and (3) DS games

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just repaired the photos in this thread.. many of them were not displaying since VGS moved servers (thanks @Gloves)

Still looking for photo confirmation of a few games:

-Zelda spirit tracks (I think I saw this before??)

-Kid Icarus 3DS

-Kirby Dream Collection wii

-Kirby Return to Dreamland wii

-Mario Party 9

-better photo of Super Paper Mario

Edited by phart010
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, phart010 said:

Just repaired the photos in this thread.. many of them were not displaying since VGS moved servers (thanks @Gloves)

-Zelda spirit tracks (I think I saw this before??)

-Kid Icarus 3DS

-Kirby Dream Collection wii

-Kirby Return to Dreamland wii

-Mario Party 9

-better photo of Super Paper Mario

The bump gave me a mini stomach drop thinking there'd be more 3DS titles to look for.  I've not seen a Kid Icarus yet, but then again, I've also had a search running for Super Mario 3D land for a few years with no hits either.  I was able to snag a Mario Party Island Tour a while back though so small wins.

• 1 month later...

Welp....  One more to the pile.

This showed up a few weeks ago in a DS/3DS Facebook group I'm in (MiamiSlice is too) and the dude picked it up off ebay for a very normal-ish cost for the game.  I didn't bother asking if it was going to be kept or sold because I am not a fan of someone sharing something (rare or not) and then getting a bunch of Is that for sale/want to sell kind of posts/messages.  I just went and put the save search back up for the game on eBay and expected to wait another bazillion years.  Like a week later it popped back up (guess he was fishing for interest) with a not small BIN/OBO.  And for a not small sum I bought it and it just arrived. 

Sorry phart010. 

It is open, so I don't know how it was originally sealed.  Assuming that this is the original case, there is no seal sticker residue on it, so that would imply a shrink wrap is on the game.  The new UPC sticker is on the insert itself.

RMNIR5N.jpg?1

j3BplK0.jpg?1

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PapaStu said:

Welp....  One more to the pile.

This showed up a few weeks ago in a DS/3DS Facebook group I'm in (MiamiSlice is too) and the dude picked it up off ebay for a very normal-ish cost for the game.  I didn't bother asking if it was going to be kept or sold because I am not a fan of someone sharing something (rare or not) and then getting a bunch of Is that for sale/want to sell kind of posts/messages.  I just went and put the save search back up for the game on eBay and expected to wait another bazillion years.  Like a week later it popped back up (guess he was fishing for interest) with a not small BIN/OBO.  And for a not small sum I bought it and it just arrived. 

Sorry phart010. 

It is open, so I don't know how it was originally sealed.  Assuming that this is the original case, there is no seal sticker residue on it, so that would imply a shrink wrap is on the game.  The new UPC sticker is on the insert itself.

RMNIR5N.jpg?1

j3BplK0.jpg?1

Wow! It amazes me that there are so many previously unknown titles that keep popping up as refurbs.

I think these refurb games were most probably either sealed or sticker sealed, one or the other. I prefer them to be sealed, because that serves as a means of authentication since the print quality of the cover art  is low. But with refurb titles as rare as this, I’d take whatever I can get. 

Congrats @PapaStu this is probably ultra rare 

On 7/27/2022 at 12:42 PM, phart010 said:

Wow! It amazes me that there are so many previously unknown titles that keep popping up as refurbs.

I think these refurb games were most probably either sealed or sticker sealed, one or the other. I prefer them to be sealed, because that serves as a means of authentication since the print quality of the cover art  is low. But with refurb titles as rare as this, I’d take whatever I can get. 

Congrats @PapaStu this is probably ultra rare 

I had a search up for months waiting for another version of Art Academy to show up (there was a revised release that they accidentally made that forgot the game logo on the front of the insert) and of course didn't see thus one come up during the wait. I didn't expect to see this of all games getting a refurb run and and funny enough, this is the 00002 release, with that errored logo-less insert the 00001 release.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:19 PM, BirdDogGaming said:

Doing some research tonight and found this one that hasn't shown up in this thread yet:

image.png.c2bcc0a6393b690fd8e168692da74eff.png

Also found this tonight. Looks like Europe might have some of their own:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

Where did you see this? Just find the picture or an actual copy for sale someplace?

Goes and sets up some new searches (again).

• Agree 1

On 11/19/2022 at 3:09 AM, PapaStu said:

Where did you see this?

It was an eBay sold listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334530078522?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3BHvGwr7SJa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=wVZl_VM-TW-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by BirdDogGaming
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:37 PM, phart010 said:

-Kid Icarus 3DS

Saved search paid off...  This is a refurb sticker on the front of the insert and the new sku sticker is on the back of the insert.  Fun fact, this one is utilizing the original pack-in insert for Kid Icarus rather than the creation of a new one as most every other one has had for the 3DS so far.

lzfRMsE.jpg?1

o4HkqyI.jpg

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PapaStu said:

Saved search paid off...  This is a refurb sticker on the front of the insert and the new sku sticker is on the back of the insert.  Fun fact, this one is utilizing the original pack-in insert for Kid Icarus rather than the creation of a new one as most every other one has had for the 3DS so far.

lzfRMsE.jpg?1

o4HkqyI.jpg

Ah snap! Nice find

• 1 month later...

I’m not seeing this one in the thread. Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, Nintendo DS. Currently listed on eBay for those interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155469610217?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2ng1Q7oFT0i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=wVZl_VM-TW-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edit: Weird. That link I shared now takes you to a listing of a loose copy of the game. Rest in peace 

1F79D1D3-979B-4B35-AE57-A36DED9D12CE.jpeg

D12769F4-310E-4B34-B7E7-A3C935900CDF.jpeg

Edited by BirdDogGaming
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hmm, I'm not sure how the refurbishment process worked but maybe if you sent in the broken game, case and all, you got a complete copy.  However, if you mailed off just a disk maybe this is what they sent back?

I'm spitballing.  I've been fascinated with the refurbishment variant of these games (though I've never bought any.)  I've definitely never seen anything like this before. 

neat something GIF

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phart010 said:

Ok I just picked this up. Had no knowledge of it, other than my primal instinct. The rabbit hole just got deeper

image.jpg.c6dbcdbc2781852822c07fd5b37f42a9.jpg

image.jpg.5006477330566c7048de2ad0ed36f255.jpg

image.jpg.f6a22cde251742268031524b309de425.jpg

image.jpg.e4e5a02e9a5acce2eb0e1557e667a68f.jpg

Oh shit I have some wii games that fit that style of print. I have to try to dig them out. I never knew where they came from. You think refurbs?

10 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Oh shit I have some wii games that fit that style of print. I have to try to dig them out. I never knew where they came from. You think refurbs?

If I had to take a guess (and this is a shot in the dark) I would propose that this is a warranty replacement. Maybe this is what Nintendo would send to you if you made a warranty claim for a non-working game..

On the front sticker it has “REPL” which could possibly mean replacement