IGNORED

Nintendo Direct Refurbished Wii (U) and (3) DS games

• 2 months later...

Just came across these games and found this thread from that. Would be neat to create some sort of spreadsheet to document what all is there. phart, would you be able to snap a pic of those sticker barcodes? Could reveal some new info.

Edit: Made a spreadsheet compiling everything(?) listed in this thread.

Edited by Toast

• 3 weeks later...

This was something I always wondered if anyone had really been tracking.  I've only got a few that I have immediate access to, but that includes New Super Mario Bros. U 2 pack, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World for Wii U and Ocarina of Time for 3DS.  I may have a few others (I think mostly Wii titles, but probably some Wii U ones too) , but they'll be in storage.  I also snagged a 2DS XL just before they dropped out of stock a few weeks ago, it came in a generic while box with a sticker on it, similar to the NES Classic refurb pictured earlier.

Both Wii U Mario games are Y fold sealed,  while Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and OoT for 3DS are sticker sealed. I'm original order-er and owner of them all.  If pictures are needed, just holler.

For some silly reason I've got 2 Super Mario 3D Worlds and the dupe would totally be tradable towards any 3DS games that got the treatment.

Now to chase down those Mario 3DS titles...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 3:20 AM, PapaStu said:

This was something I always wondered if anyone had really been tracking.  I've only got a few that I have immediate access to, but that includes New Super Mario Bros. U 2 pack, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World for Wii U and Ocarina of Time for 3DS.  I may have a few others (I think mostly Wii titles, but probably some Wii U ones too) , but they'll be in storage.  I also snagged a 2DS XL just before they dropped out of stock a few weeks ago, it came in a generic while box with a sticker on it, similar to the NES Classic refurb pictured earlier.

Both Wii U Mario games are Y fold sealed,  while Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and OoT for 3DS are sticker sealed. I'm original order-er and owner of them all.  If pictures are needed, just holler.

For some silly reason I've got 2 Super Mario 3D Worlds and the dupe would totally be tradable towards any 3DS games that got the treatment.

Now to chase down those Mario 3DS titles...

Post a pic of Ocarina of Time 3DS... and let me know if its ever for sale 😊

7 hours ago, phart010 said:

Post a pic of Ocarina of Time 3DS... and let me know if its ever for sale 😊

It's not for sale and won't be. It's part of the wall of 3DS. The below pic is from last summer. The wall has only gotten.... bigger.

Here's the 2DS XL
rPKg1FG.jpg?1

h4FI6oz.jpg?1

and here's OoT. The sticker has picked up dirt over the years as it's come partially unpeeled a few times on that front end, but that's how this one came. Sticker sealed, no shrink.
SUtxGD9.jpg?1

wsv6u2t.jpg?1

Edited by PapaStu
fixing image links
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, Toast said:

Added them to the sheet 🙂 Could you to take a clearer pic of the stickers on the n2DS XL box?

If you zoom in on the pic you can see the first SKU nicely. It has 0 45496 68217 0 for the barcode, under that it says item#JANSBA01 

The other sticker is the serial number for this particular system so it's not really relevant for tracking/noting purposes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, phart010 said:

There could be other Wii/ Wii U refurbished titles that I’m not aware of. I vaguely remember seeing Luigi U on Nintendo’s website, but it could have been NSMBU+Luigi U. I don’t remember and it sold before I was ready to buy it. 

Haha I’m quoting myself here 😄

My vague memory proved to be correct.. 

Just picked this up on a local Craigslist sale. Unfortunately looks like the previous owner attempted to peel the refurbished sticker or something, it’s raised from the middle but not from the sides. But I’m not complaining, haven’t even seen this since it was for sale in 2016 and I’ve been looking the whole time.

image.thumb.jpg.2d5567f2a1701c52374b5a91ba821495.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.633a3029539bd75405e5dded94dfe912.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to add a Switch to this makeshift database we got going here. It came in a unique box. The Joycons on the front matched those on the inside. No noticable wear on any of the items included, including the Joycons which I thought might've been what gave away the refurb but they looked and played like new.

the refurb info was not a sticker like it was on the Wii Mini, it is printed on the box directly. And most importantly, the box was sticker sealed! Definitely worth the price of admission  1782894199_IMG_20210519_1730422.jpg.a83a6df77b6bfa7ee6295b158b337d1a.jpg

1697002788_IMG_20210519_1730572.jpg.bceab0845088950b93e0bed01ff09153.jpg

1225145_IMG_20210519_1732082.jpg.d40336c8fc4152f238a2c350937c3f7c.jpg

934850416_IMG_20210519_1731162.jpg.abecfebfa07ecf6335c23335d7fac61b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:57 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Here's what I have left in the 2DS. This one has the refurbished label printed onto the packaging. I wish I had the Wii Mini pics that clearly had the refurb label as a sticker slapped on. It wasn't even centered lol.

All the contents are packaged like you'd get brand new from the factory. The seals are also the same circle seals seen from the time which Nintendo has moved on from.

The box has the color section printed on and then the color is clearly just a sticker slapped on which changed if it was a special edition to a mini picture of what the decal was. I remember the Smash Bros 3ds having the decal on the corner on a standard blue box.

More pix for the thread. 

360415702_IMG_20200519_1151022.thumb.jpg.6127b25474ba7a9dea90f80f518bfa8b.jpg1288782388_IMG_20200519_1151422.thumb.jpg.637e3209e45bf6fb61b1165f1bad1675.jpg29360061_IMG_20200519_1150252.thumb.jpg.4d01ef9f6b87b281376018dd6f716904.jpg

So about 2 weeks ago, after months of nothing (since Jan 2021 when the systems all sold out), NOA dropped more systems on site. I didn't get the chance to snag a flat blue 2DS but I did get one of the reds.... There may have been more, but I didn't get a chance to see what there was as the word got pushed out via a few large 'deals' accounts and I was out of luck... BUT

A variant enters the ring...
44QcSyn.jpg?2

The UPC is 0 45496 68215 6   Below that it says ITEM# FTRSWA01  The second sticker, like with the other system I posted is just a sticker that says "Serial No:" and the system serial number

B34fr8N.jpg?1

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 1

Cant wait for the refurbished Switch games. Although I’m kind of wondering those are actually gonna be a thing.. Wii U came out in 2012 and 3 years later, by 2015 we were already seeing refurbished games.

Still no refurbished Switch games so maybe they won’t be doing any? 🤔

12 hours ago, phart010 said:

Cant wait for the refurbished Switch games. Although I’m kind of wondering those are actually gonna be a thing.. Wii U came out in 2012 and 3 years later, by 2015 we were already seeing refurbished games.

Still no refurbished Switch games so maybe they won’t be doing any? 🤔

Well if it's anything like what happened with the DS or 3DS, they'll be very 'of the moment' type things and if you're not there when they are *poof* they're gone. 

Heck, we've seen what, 3 3DS games in total?  Lot more WiiU/Wii games than than the handhelds seem to have gotten and never anything like Pokemon either, which had tons of games made and printings up the wazoo for.

14 minutes ago, PapaStu said:

Well if it's anything like what happened with the DS or 3DS, they'll be very 'of the moment' type things and if you're not there when they are *poof* they're gone. 

Heck, we've seen what, 3 3DS games in total?  Lot more WiiU/Wii games than than the handhelds seem to have gotten and never anything like Pokemon either, which had tons of games made and printings up the wazoo for.

The list of games is still uncertain. There’s some for which we only have anecdotal evidence of existence. Nobody had even mentioned Luigi U, I just happened to remembered seeing it years ago, even then I wasn’t completely sure if I was remembering correctly. Only just now confirmed it’s existence.

There could be other titles on 3DS out there that we just aren’t aware of yet. 😩

In addition to Mario 3D Land, Mario Party, and Zelda OOT 3D, there may possibly be some refurb copies of Kid Icarus out there. Someone mentioned Kid Icarus existing on another forum years ago when these were still for sale.

Also there are DS games I am aware of that might exist but no picture confirmed 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, phart010 said:

The list of games is still uncertain. There’s some for which we only have anecdotal evidence of existence. Nobody had even mentioned Luigi U, I just happened to remembered seeing it years ago, even then I wasn’t completely sure if I was remembering correctly. Only just now confirmed it’s existence.

There could be other titles on 3DS out there that we just aren’t aware of yet. 😩

In addition to Mario 3D Land, Mario Party, and Zelda OOT 3D, there may possibly be some refurb copies of Kid Icarus out there. Someone mentioned Kid Icarus existing on another forum years ago when these were still for sale.

Also there are DS games I am aware of that might exist but no picture confirmed 

The Kid Icarus one will be interesting, because they did at one point sell extra bundles of the cards that were packed in w/ the game, but I don't remember ever seeing the game.  I've got 5 of those packs (which was the purchase limit at the time), but those came in pretty generic packaging and if you didn't get them directly from NOA you'd be hard pressed to 'tell' the difference.

The mystery of it all does scare me a little and why I started searching out the year+ ago when I posted in here.  I'm going to be searching for those two Mario titles for a LONG time no question (P.S. if you ever find more... you've got a buyer in me). 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, PapaStu said:

I didn't get the chance to snag a flat blue 2DS but I did get one of the reds.... There may have been more, but I didn't get a chance to see what there was as the word got pushed out via a few large 'deals' accounts and I was out of luck...

I managed to get the blue and red ones. There was a green Zelda one also available but for a very short time and I missed out.

1 hour ago, PapaStu said:

The Kid Icarus one will be interesting, because they did at one point sell extra bundles of the cards that were packed in w/ the game, but I don't remember ever seeing the game.  I've got 5 of those packs (which was the purchase limit at the time), but those came in pretty generic packaging and if you didn't get them directly from NOA you'd be hard pressed to 'tell' the difference.

The mystery of it all does scare me a little and why I started searching out the year+ ago when I posted in here.  I'm going to be searching for those two Mario titles for a LONG time no question (P.S. if you ever find more... you've got a buyer in me). 

Just do some saved searches and keep an eye on them. They’ll turn up one day.

I am always tracking these refurbs, they come up infrequently, but eventually they show up. Just takes a while. You’ll value it more if you have to wait for it