IGNORED

Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games

Trifecta

On 1/10/2021 at 8:08 AM, DoctorEncore said:

At some point @ThePhleo will have scanned every insert and you could just build the entry for each game from the individual pieces. It will obviously be a while, but it should happen eventually.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, ThePhleo said:

I expect to be done by this summer if I can get some rare pieces.

There's certain mail cards and posters that are once in a year items that I may just have to borrow from someone to get the project done and wait for my own to pop up.

I'm also scanning all inserts and have just about all of them. I'd be done by now except I just started a new job so it's going to be a while.

@BreaKBeatZ Thanks so much for contributing those pics!

• I believe your pic of L'Empereur is missing the registration card
  • Did you open that copy of Gargoyles Quest II?
  • I believe DuckTales 2 in your pic is missing the epilepsy warning sheet

I'll update the opening post over the next 48 hours. Thanks again! Keep them coming everyone!

11 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

comic.thumb.jpg.d32ecdc067fde444b7bb392d7c1f7b3f.jpg

raid.jpg

robo.jpg

Just to add to Trifecta's list, your Captain Comic has the wrong dust cover; the game only ever came sealed with the black Color Dreams sleeve, and it's the only game in their catalog to do so.

This is why I only trust sealed openings... 😉

Edited by Dr. Morbis

8 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Just to add to Trifecta's list, your Captain Comic has the wrong dust cover; the game only ever came sealed with the black Color Dreams sleeve, and it's the only game in their catalog to do so.

I must have missed that from The Wiz's list. Feel free to remove that one.

With that being said, since everything on that list came from a sealed opening, as long as the contents match, there should not be any problem. In this case, it was just my fault for not noticing the discrepancy.

16 hours ago, Trifecta said:

@BreaKBeatZ Thanks so much for contributing those pics!

• I believe your pic of L'Empereur is missing the registration card
  • Did you open that copy of Gargoyles Quest II?
  • I believe DuckTales 2 in your pic is missing the epilepsy warning sheet

I'll update the opening post over the next 48 hours. Thanks again! Keep them coming everyone!

Oops on L'Empereur. I will check to see if I have that reg card tonight. I have some other KOEI games boxed with manual - if the reg card is the same, I may have it.

I didn't open any of these games except Master Hu and the Drunkard Chu (shrinkwrap had a big tear so I went ahead and opened it)

I'll add a warning sheet to Duck Tales and send another pic tonight.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2021 at 12:47 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

That’s the right way of doing things.

My list and @Mr. CIB’s is all best educated guesses, and there is still room for improvement. But we’re pretty darn close.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games
  • 1 month later...

About Dr. Mario in the original post... that would only be what the initial print run would come with. I actually ended up getting one brand new on Christmas 1993 and it came with one of the Classic Action Classic Challenges era posters and a foil style Nintendo logo dust sleeve. As a kid Dr. Mario, Kirby's Adventure and NES Cleaning Kit (variant that shows Mario with a cleaning cloth on the cover) were the only three NES items I got brand new, that same Christmas. My Cleaning Kit had the "I pulled the ultimate 1 up!" flyer as well. It appears that posters and dust sleeves would vary inside the boxes based on print year of said game rather than just the game itself.

Sega was known for doing this too with Sonic the Hedgehog having multiple poster variants included with it. I bought multiple copies trying to get as many minor variants of Sonic the Hedgehog as I could because it was my first console game that I received as a gift.

One of the Classic Action Classic Challenges era posters showed NES, Game Boy and SNES systems on the back and the others had the Super Mario Bros. 3 poster that said "Join the club!" Unfortunately I mixed those up as a kid by taking all of them out of the boxes so I couldn't tell you which one of the three had the poster showing the three systems. I am going to guess it belonged to Kirby because that was the newest release of the three.

The takeaway should be that a game should never include a poster older than its release date, but it is possible that it might include something from after its era if it was a popular game that had multiple print runs. A game that didn't sell well may have only had one or two print runs and will always yield the same poster. Dr. Mario was very popular so it obviously had multiple print runs.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 2

Ha! Glad to see my info/photo of Flying Warriors is in the database!

Here is the info for Ironsword. I opened this one personally and have included the original picture right after the seal was cracked. This is the same photo I posted on NA way back when. ( check out my blog this Friday for the story on how I got this GEM, it might explain the condition ha ha) 

Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II

- Cartridge (NES-IR-USA)

- Box (NES-IR-USA)

- Manual (NES-IR-USA)

- Ironsword Poster (ACL-IR-US)

- Registration Card (ACL-NES-US-4)

- Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-QU-USA)

- Flat Black Dust Sleeve

NOTE - @Trifectaif you need a better, updated  photo let me know and I can take one tonight for the database. 

271518645_924871725087824_2897569567733985185_n.jpg

Edited by killerkobra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I haven't looked through everything, but I did notice that the Zoda's Revenge picture may have the wrong dust sleeve.  That looks like a standard Nintendo sleeve, not the late era foil one.  It's entirely possible that it's a trick of the lighting, but it doesn't look right to me.

Wiz, do you know if that guy from my post above came here or did you happen to have his info? Im trying to get a picture of that game with all the items laid out.

All I know about him is that he was an NA member at one point.  The name is familiar, but I don't recall much about him aside from that.  Some digging shows him as an AtariAge member, but his profile's been inactive since 2017.  Same goes on DP.  The most recent activity I can find was on Cheapass Gamer, which was in 2020.  My guess is that he's a ghost at this point.

6 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I haven't looked through everything, but I did notice that the Zoda's Revenge picture may have the wrong dust sleeve.  That looks like a standard Nintendo sleeve, not the late era foil one.  It's entirely possible that it's a trick of the lighting, but it doesn't look right to me.

It's probably bad lighting. I'll take a new pic when I get a chance.

Hey folks! I’ve been around here and NA for a few years but mainly in the marketplace. I’ve been using Wiz’s guide for a while now, especially in the past year as I’ve concentrated on completing my boxed games. Thanks Wiz for your work on the guide, I really appreciate it!

It’s nice to meet all of you like-minded people!

Here’s a pic of my complete Abadox as per the guide. Box isn’t perfect on this one but it’s all there. 

Let me know if this is the kind of thing you’re looking for and I’ll go through the rest of my games as well. 

068B3A05-9601-41AF-BA7C-7360EC8B6B9A.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sydpinkfloyd said:

Hey folks! I’ve been around here and NA for a few years but mainly in the marketplace. I’ve been using Wiz’s guide for a while now, especially in the past year as I’ve concentrated on completing my boxed games. Thanks Wiz for your work on the guide, I really appreciate it!

It’s nice to meet all of you like-minded people!

Here’s a pic of my complete Abadox as per the guide. Box isn’t perfect on this one but it’s all there. 

Let me know if this is the kind of thing you’re looking for and I’ll go through the rest of my games as well. 

068B3A05-9601-41AF-BA7C-7360EC8B6B9A.jpeg

Thank you! I just added it to the list! If you have any more not already on the list, please post the pictures. Thanks!