IGNORED

Which Parts of Collecting Do You Hate Most?

I'm adding another pair of issues to my previous list. Not much, but it's still an issue for me.

6) The narration for "Best of" sets versus costs for "Complete" sets when it comes to collecting: Here is the thing. I am only focusing on Japanese games that were put on my favorite portable consoles. The problem with that is the lack of ease it is to do this with PSP. Atop of the explanation I need with my lone PS3 game. And figure out how to juggle this when it comes to the Switch, etc. In the end I am dreading the thought of losing more money than my interests can handle.

7) First press/print vs. later prints: This was a huge issue for me when I started this goal. Do I gain any benefit collecting first prints or not? Would I be satisfied having a game where there is some type of difference between a first print and a later print? Can I get somebody to rap the words "I like Captain Commando's sticker and I cannot lie. You collectors cannot deny. When you see a Mega Man box with that sticker in your face, you get sprung."? It's that type of issue.

There might be more. But I rather sort out the Switch end of my collecting before I decide to rant about that. 😅

Edited by FenrirZero

8 hours ago, ChickenTendas4PokeyEater said:

I assume you collect for the Vita? There are sooooo many Japanese-exclusive Vita games, from a wide array of genres, and from what I've played they're all really good. 

Nice rap BTW 🙂

I agree, but no. Not to at this time. 😅

I'm pretty much juggling between PSP and Switch because the cases are similar in size. Plus I am still debating on how I should flesh out my collection. Which currently has me at a crossroads when it comes to Monster Hunter, Rockman (Mega Man), Makaimura (Ghosts 'n Goblins), and Street Fighter. Including any spin-off titles those might have. Plus I am also debating how I want to collect titles published by both Capcom and Nintendo. Because as of right now I am swapping out Konami for 505 Games. So I have at least three chosen publishers for the core portion of this collection.

So nope... I will keep an eye out just like I am with select 3DS titles. But at this time there is nothing I am prepared to buy at this time. 😅

And thanks. 😀

On 6/5/2020 at 3:44 PM, noiseredux said:

that's awesome - I'd love to see pics.

Years ago, I was very "CIB or nothing," about my collection. Then I sold a lot of it off, and played a lot of digital stuff. I've been slowly re-collecting over the past few years now. Though, really I collect in the sense that I buy games I want to have to play, and sell/trade ones that I'm not into. So I'm more gamer than collector proper. At any rate, nowadays I'm pretty much about getting the CHEAPEST copy of a game that I want and can get my hands on. So where I used to want games to be complete and look really pretty, I've now taken this weird stance that whatever beat up copy of a game finds its way to me at a price I'm willing to play, now has more of an aesthetic value to me.

Meaning, whatever condition the game is in, it's MY copy of the game. It's the one that found its way to me. There's maybe even a story behind it, be it a good trade, or awesome yard sale find or whatever. But I digress.

I only have a couple so far, but I def own one of the best ones!  This Flintstones Dino Peak is from a video store in ME.  The box is an original cut up one, so sad but still awesome to own!

5512F8F9-C896-4FA8-8333-3AA6789FA74C.jpeg

59AC1DB9-415A-4771-962A-36C9ED4964DF.jpeg

A827D6B9-28FA-4AB4-ADC5-B42AD69A09E2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 2

12 minutes ago, The Count said:

I guess I hate paying for shipping on damn near everything. I understand it's necessary as few games that I need are within reach locally, but I shudder to think what I've paid on total shipping fees in my lifetime.

That bums me out thinking about. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate my own bad collecting habits, in that I mean my indecisive decision making sometimes...or as Teens call it "FOMO".

I often find myself wondering if I should buy a game or not for my collection. Usually one I've been looking at for a while/something obscure that comes up. I often see it is just a little over the price a "website"... tells me it should be worth which prompts me to likely pass on the opportunity... I then find myself 2 days later purchasing a brand new game (or multiple) for $79.99 CAD and never playing it; or buying a remake of a game I enjoy (most recently Pikmin 3) because it is on a new console even though I already own it elsewhere (in this case Wii U).

I then find the game I wanted originally going up in price even further and then I wish I just made the decision to buy it in the first place. I'll often find myself making purchases of new games quicker than my purchase of retro or even just collectible last gen games because they are online and accessible now.

Nintendo's marketing has a grasp on my soul. I am completely self aware.

Feeling the Fear of Missing out (FOMO) is my least favorite part of this hobby. so much worse than cleaning old dirty stickers off my games or anything else. 

2 hours ago, CT said:

People asking Ebay prices at garage sales, on craigslist etc.

No better time to either (A) remind them it's not ebay and ask if they're firm  or (B) don't bother, laugh in your mind (or at them if you want) and leave.  You can't fix stupid, and greed is a curse.