IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Gradius

BeaIank

Graphics Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

Just stay at the very bottom directly under the point of the first volcano to not get hit. You can do it! 

Thanks for the tip, man! I'll definitely try that if I manage to get this far again!

And congrats on looping the game multiple times - that's insane!

-CasualCart

I've been practicing a little bit every day, just a few runs before it's starting to aggravate me too much. And just now I've managed to complete one loop again and even improve my score, too! I'm now at over 900k. It's still laughable compared to the top competitors this week, but this is the farthest I've personally ever made it into this game. Too bad that I lost most of my lives against those stupid brains with tentacles. I managed to eventually beat them and was about to recover, but then I messed up repeteadly, so that I couldn't make it any further. Anyway, I'm still okay with those results.

• Like 2

Updated score on page 2. Finally cleared level 3 while kid and wife were napping. Went into upside down volcanoes with a red shield. I think I had the right position, but was nervous and filled with adrenaline, so I kept moving the ship around. I think that cost me. Died right at the very end of the volcano part and crawled up to 250 with no upgrades. 

Mother's day tough to get time at the nes. Hoping I can get one more run at the very end, but its doubtful. Sucks because I think I could improve on it if I could find an hour

• Like 1