IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Gradius

BeaIank

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Is your top loader modded, Kid? Mine just has the standard rf.

Nah not modded, standard RF. I was using an original nes before with A/V but found the picture quality about the same on this tv. Top loader just for convenience.

Thanks Jimbo! A find on the side of the road a few years ago. 2 of the 4 video jacks are busted but the other 2 have served me well!

Edited by Kid Dracula

6 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Do you guys pronounce it Gray-dius or Grad-dius? I always pronounce it the former.

Since I became a Retronauts fan it's been the latter, although I always feel like a dork for doing it. Like pronouncing "anime" AH-nee-may. Just give me a wedgie already.

7 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Do you guys pronounce it Gray-dius or Grad-dius? I always pronounce it the former.

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

The former.

6 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Graydius.

Is it Ninja Gayden or Guyden?

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Guyden. 

30 minutes ago, dvertov said:

Since I became a Retronauts fan it's been the latter, although I always feel like a dork for doing it. Like pronouncing "anime" AH-nee-may. Just give me a wedgie already.

"gradius" but never "grah-de-us"

ninja gayden

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

"gradius" but never "grah-de-us"

I feel like we're playing with local colloquialisms here. I hear no different between "gradius", "grah-de-us", or "grad-dius". 😄 (unless you're going with "gray-dius", which is not one of the 3 I listed). We're gonna need a video, @skinnygrinny: you pronouncing, you playing, and you blowing something up. This is now a contest requirement for all shmups. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
10 hours ago, mbd39 said:

As a French speaker, I always said Grad-dius, and I would even admit that I might fall for saying it that way in English in a casual context. But I concur that gray-dius do seems like the natural way to pronounce it in English.