IGNORED

Instagram Tips

Strange

I’ve been enjoying following some of you on Instagram and seeing the cool stuff you have. I want to make an account for my collection (sorry to those of you that follow my personal one) but I don’t want to be a scrub at it.

I thought it would be cool to have a thread for tips from those of us who use Instagram in the collecting scene for those of us who want to.

Administrator · Posted

This one cool trick will get you more followers and keep people interacting with what you post:

Post somewhat regularly. Once a day if possible.

Personally, I post like once a month maybe, cuz I am lazy and not very interesting.

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

This one cool trick will get you more followers and keep people interacting with what you post:

Post somewhat regularly. Once a day if possible.

Personally, I post like once a month maybe, cuz I am lazy and not very interesting.

Yup, you have to be regular, in general, with social media if you want traction. I'm not into any of that but for a time, I use to have a big Imgur account. I found what also works is being engaging with the community. Respond to posts, generally be nice (ignore the trolls, or block them and not say anything about it) and just connect with the people connecting with your comment.

Also, avoid posting stuff that feels remotely click baity. I never set out to do well on Imgur, even though I've hit the front page many times. Just post stuff you like. Another general rule is of you like it, chances are other people do too. It might sound generic but people would rather connect with genuineness rather than superficial flash. Sure, a one off mega cool post can go viral. It happens all the time. But that stuff rarely build big accounts, unless that's the stuff you legit enjoy doing, whether it brings in the followers/subs or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

1. Take a photo.

2. Post it.

I don't understand your question, what else is there?

Mostly boils down to building an audience, but also keeping that audience, engaging the community, taking quality photos, curating your content, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Some tips to improve photography 

- Use a tripod, your hands aren't as steady as you might think, a tripod guarantees clear shots 

- Pay attention to lighting. You can use a lamp with a plastic bag taped to the front to soften the light, point the light to the subject in a way that highlights the visually interesting areas. 

- Consider the way your shot is composed. Play around with Scale, contrast, hierarchy, different angles, focus on different things.

- Take several different shots where you've moved things around or try different things and chose a favourite. 

- Consider getting and learning to use some photo manipulation software. Photoshop and Lightroom are the professional tools, but you need to pay an expensive subscription. Affinity Photo is a good alternative you only pay for once. I'm sure theres free alternatives out there as well, but I'm not familiar with any.

• Like 1