IGNORED

It'll Come down..... Right?

14 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm hoping loose games, set collecting, and bad games only popular because they're rare lose interest long term

Set collecting seems to be on its way out, especially loose carts, but I think the damage has been done. So many people bought these as investments that most of them would rather let the games sit in storage than sell for a 'new normal' price. They'll hold on to their wares and talk about how rare it is and what they bought it for and why it'll go up soon. That's what gypsy's do when their wares lose value. 

Argh, Stack Up. I bit the bullet and paid around $90 for a mint loose DK Jr Math because I saw it in a local game store and I like to support them. I refuse to pay over $100 for stack up! I can't really complain though, with the emergence of the sealed and graded market, the loose market is trending down again.

4 hours ago, snk2d4ever said:

Would be nice if Nintendo Displays took a dip.

I feel like they have kinda leveled off for the most part.  Superbrites and fibers were going from the hundreds to thousands relatively quickly and then they have kinda been at the same level for a solid year or two now. 

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Set collecting seems to be on its way out, especially loose carts, but I think the damage has been done. So many people bought these as investments that most of them would rather let the games sit in storage than sell for a 'new normal' price. They'll hold on to their wares and talk about how rare it is and what they bought it for and why it'll go up soon. That's what gypsy's do when their wares lose value. 

I still think theres more out there than people looking for them.  Once those set collectors are done buying, people will still be selling them and eventually they'll go down.  The only think I can think of are people who were on the fence about buying them original will still buy them kinda 'high' because they can remember a time when they were more expensive.  I have a friend who wanted a Samson and still doesn't have it.  I told him to wait cuz the price will come down.  If lets say it goes to 750, he might buy it, because he can still remember when it was worth 1200 and that is a killer deal.  To me thats the only way those games can really have some 'higher' value.  I know they'll go down but i'd be interested to see at what price they stay out when they've cooled completely.

4 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

😞 Hey Man, ease up on the generalizations. I’m a Gypsy. Also don’t squeal my people’s secrets to the world!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

I have a friend who wanted a Samson and still doesn't have it.  I told him to wait cuz the price will come down.  If lets say it goes to 750, he might buy it, because he can still remember when it was worth 1200 and that is a killer deal.  To me thats the only way those games can really have some 'higher' value.  I know they'll go down but i'd be interested to see at what price they stay out when they've cooled completely.

I think that's the thing with these high prices is that there are games that we all want that if they came down 10-20% we'd buy them. And it's bc there is still a large amount of people who own the carts who are holding them as assets. And not to say a CIB Samson isn't going to go up in value but the cart only price is just so high above with any normal collect would pay that it won't be sustained. 

6 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

😞 Hey Man, ease up on the generalizations. I’m a Gypsy. Also don’t squeal my people’s secrets to the world!

I'm sorry dude! I've dwelled amoungst them for too long. Theres a better chance a item will see a waste basket than a $1 off the asking price!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm sorry dude! I've dwelled amoungst them for too long. Theres a better chance a item will see a waste basket than a $1 off the asking price!

No offense taken. Gypsies suck...still, I have to do SOMETHING with these crystals and curses I prepared now.

Edited by ThePhleo

On 10/23/2019 at 1:53 PM, Foochie776 said:

Dragon Fighter, really? I feel that is one of the truly uncommon NES games. That and Sword Master, I don’t want to pay those prices but I feel price is warranted. 

Little Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, Ducktales 2 I feel are uncommon as well but the price shouldn’t be as bad as it is. 

Sadly dragon fighter and sword master are the last 2 licensed games I need(minus SE). They do cost a pretty penny but are tough to find.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, Foochie776 said:

Dragon Fighter, really? I feel that is one of the truly uncommon NES games. That and Sword Master, I don’t want to pay those prices but I feel price is warranted. 

Little Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, Ducktales 2 I feel are uncommon as well but the price shouldn’t be as bad as it is. 

I agree about Dragon Fighter.  Dragon Fighter could be a top 10 rarity on the nes.  Dragon Fighter and Kid Klown took the longest for me to find when I was actively searching.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:58 AM, Galdius said:

I would LOVE for AES games to get down in price.
Last saturday I was watching an ebay auction for the first Metal Slug and it went for $7300.

I can't imagine spending that much on a single game right now.
If the Real gets stronger agains the Dollar, things will change though.
If someday it gets to the 2012-2013 levels, I will buy a lot of those expensive games but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I'd have to say that Metal Slug at $7300 is a downswing in price.  I was predicting 10K+ on that game and it went for significantly less than I was expecting.

20 minutes ago, peg said:

I'd have to say that Metal Slug at $7300 is a downswing in price.  I was predicting 10K+ on that game and it went for significantly less than I was expecting.

I thought it would reach 10k also.
But I would love to see it go for less than $7300.
Right now I can't spend that much on a single game ... well, I can but I just don't have the courage to do so.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:44 AM, Splain said:

My local shop got a loose GBC Shantae with a faded label. The sticker says $500, which is a little above FMV, but a year ago Shantae was going for $250, and that was a big deal.

Wow, what happened with this one that it jumped in value so high? I understand that this game is in demand and not easy to find- but I don't think a loose game has spiked like that in a long time.

For me- the last 3 SNES games for my set: Speed Racer/Mountain Bike Rally, Super Star Fox Weekend, and Donkey Kong County Competition would be amazing to own. I wish I could have afforded to buy them back when they were only a few hundred bucks.

14 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

AES haven't been cheap since day 1.

MVS is where its at...bigger library, cheaper carts.

Its funny to think how much a label changes the price.

Also about Sword Master, I was under the impression that it was just a major flaw in the programming haha.  In the US version its easier to walk off a ledge, THEN jump, than jumping twice.

Edited by guitarzombie

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Its funny to think how much a label changes the price.

Also about Sword Master, I was under the impression that it was just a major flaw in the programming haha.  In the US version its easier to walk off a ledge, THEN jump, than jumping twice.

One of these days I’m gonna buy the famicom version. Then I’ll report back whether it’s an issue on that one