IGNORED

What is the most you have ever paid for a game?

8 minutes ago, Stormarov.45 said:

I paid about 500 for Magic Knight Rayearth on a speculation. It turns out it was a good deal. After playing it all the way through I will sell it for a profit maybe, or just keep it as a centerpiece.

Oh wow.  I didn't realize it went up that much.  My copy might be going on a FO listing after that news.

6 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

Oh wow.  I didn't realize it went up that much.  My copy might be going on a FO listing after that news.

Holy... I could not pay more than $200 for a cd from that era because of the cd rot that seems to have affected many games..

Hopefully Limited Run will get their act together and start remaking these expensive Saturn games

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Holy... I could not pay more than $200 for a cd from that era because of the cd rot that seems to have affected many games..

Hopefully Limited Run will get their act together and start remaking these expensive Saturn games

I know what you mean.  If the artist for the manga wasn't one of my wife's favorites I wouldn't have dropped $300-400 for the game a few years back.  It is more of a display piece than anything now.

1 hour ago, zeppelin03 said:

I know what you mean.  If the artist for the manga wasn't one of my wife's favorites I wouldn't have dropped $300-400 for the game a few years back.  It is more of a display piece than anything now.

I had a chance to get it for like $3-400 maybe 2-3  years ago at a retro game store in Virginia Beach.. Someone had just brought their entire Saturn collection into the store for sale.. spent a long time staring down all of those beautiful gems, but didn’t think about buying them..

The working designs games on Saturn are mesmerizing to look at for sure though

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, Gloves said:

Is there a reason you're ok with multiple $200 games but not, say, a single $800 game?

Would you buy 4 $200 games you don't like? Would you not buy a $800 game you do like?

...with my way of thinking, I want to collect as many NES games as I reasonably can. So, I can get more games at 100-200$ a pop then I can with getting a single 800$ game.  Just makes more sense to me. I've kind of accepted at this point that there are several games I will never add to my collection.. An that's okay.

Edited by PasseGaming
  • Like 1

This thread got me thinking and going back through some of my purchases.  I thought Flintstones 2 was my most expensive, but after going through old messages it looks like I traded, so I am something like:

Flintstones 2 Surprise at Dino $625 (2013 - NA) (mix of cash and trades)

Little Samson - $450 (2013, ebay with $50 off?)

Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball - $450 (2019, ebay - cart only, was part of a lot including console, apparently I wasn't the only one who saw the cart in the picture...)

James Buster Douglas CIB - $355 (2015, ebay)

Bounty Bob Strikes Back - $325 (2015, AA)

I was so close back in the day to pulling the trigger on Stadium Events when it was around $3k, but my wife would have killed me, in fact, probably still would even if I got it for $3000 today!  Probably the one piece I will never get, forever at 676.

• Like 3

My biggest game purchase was probably the Chrono Cross i purchased that was VGA 85+ at $350. 

I have games now worth much more though, but didn't pay much. 

BUT my highest video game item, is definitely one of my neon signs or potentially the 2 Chrono trigger Akira Toriyama prints i have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brockj said:

This thread got me thinking and going back through some of my purchases.  I thought Flintstones 2 was my most expensive, but after going through old messages it looks like I traded, so I am something like:

Flintstones 2 Surprise at Dino $625 (2013 - NA) (mix of cash and trades)

Little Samson - $450 (2013, ebay with $50 off?)

Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball - $450 (2019, ebay - cart only, was part of a lot including console, apparently I wasn't the only one who saw the cart in the picture...)

James Buster Douglas CIB - $355 (2015, ebay)

Bounty Bob Strikes Back - $325 (2015, AA)

I was so close back in the day to pulling the trigger on Stadium Events when it was around $3k, but my wife would have killed me, in fact, probably still would even if I got it for $3000 today!  Probably the one piece I will never get, forever at 676.

Overall, I'd say you've done pretty damn well for yourself.

2 hours ago, Magus said:

My biggest game purchase was probably the Chrono Cross i purchased that was VGA 85+ at $350. 

I have games now worth much more though, but didn't pay much. 

BUT my highest video game item, is definitely one of my neon signs or potentially the 2 Chrono trigger Akira Toriyama prints i have. 

I think you posted these on PSA at some point?  Very cool.  I mean Akira Toriyama is like a friggin god.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Overall, I'd say you've done pretty damn well for yourself.

Thanks, I don't disagree, just kicking myself for holding back 10 years ago on SE.  I also never got into SNES, but I recently was looking at the prices of N64, holy crap, I am glad I completed that set before it went nuts!  I would have to double check, but I think I only paid $150 for Sculptors Cut.  My collections are mostly cart only, boxes were too hard to hide from the wife!

• Like 1