IGNORED

What is the most you have ever paid for a game?

I spent $2k on a lot that had 70+ games in it, (like Mega Man 1 - 6), a whole bunch of uncommons and Samson in it.  At the time Samson was valued at $600

Found the list:

Mega Man          
Mega Man 2 PAL          
Mega Man 3             
Mega Man 4            
Mega Man 5               
Mega Man 6              
Tetris              
Tetris 2            
Battletoads           
Battletoads Double Dragon     
Little Nemo Dream Master           
Metal Gear              
Pacman Namco               
Contra                   
Bubble Bobble              
Life Force               
Gradius               
Zelda                 
Zelda 2                 
TMNT                 
TMNT 2                
TMNT 3               
TMNT Tournament Figthers               
Castlevania             
Castlevania 2              
Castlevania 3               
Rad Racer           
Rad Racer 2                   
Final Fantasy                   
Kirbys Adventure                
Wizards and Warriors 2         
Wizards and Warriors              
SMB                
SMB 2                
SMB 3                     
Dr. Mario            
Mike Tysons Punch Out         
Lolo                   
Gargoyles Quest 2              
Metal Storm              
Guardian Legend             
Batman               
Lemmings             
Wild Gunman               
River City Ransom              
Blades of Steel              
Skate or Die              
Shadowgate              
Uninvited             
Ninja Gaiden              
Ninja Gaiden 2              
Metroid                  
Battle of Olympus                  
Heroes of the Lance                   
Kings Knight              
Rambo               
Rampage                       
Blaster Master                   
Bionic Commando                       
Demon Sword              
Ghosts n Goblins              
Double Dragon 3              
Dragon Warrior                 
Excitebike               
Tecmo Bowl                   
Gauntlet 2               
Destination Earthstar              
Metal Mech                  
Astyanax              
Marble Madness                       
Crystalis                  
Cyber Base Wars             
Lone Ranger                   
Festers Quest               
Shingin the Ruler           
Little Samson  

Edited by guitarzombie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

For my personal collection- Punch Out Famicom Gold or the special edition of GTA V

Oh man, those gold Punch Outs are gorgeous. Cart only or CIB? Generally speaking I don't spend much on games but that's one of the few I might make an exception for one day.

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

There was a period where I was buying every sigle 360/PS3 special edition, but I had to stop since it was such huge waste of money. Sure, a  few of them skyrocketed in value, but the vast majority of them got clearanced for a quarter of the price. Also, they just take up too much space. I'm still a sucker for steelbooks, but only if it's a game I'm already planning to buy and it doesn't double the price.

I used to be in the same boat for limited games on the PS3/4 and had to stop for similar reasons. This stemmed from my PS2/prior mindset that special editions were something nice and truly coveted. Now every game released is a special/limited/collector edition and has to be 10 ft tall, which is pure madness. Now I will only buy maybe 1 or 2 collector editions per year of only games I truly like or have an attachment to. I've sold many of my big collector boxes, at a loss - which is to be expected, and looking to get rid of more.

• Like 1

My spread sheet goes back to 2012, I probably started collecting back in 2009 though?  I used to do it on pen & paper before learning how to use Excel haha.  I was 16 at the time so cut me some slack.

On a single item, it was actually  just a year ago in July 2019.  $2041CAD on a sealed Mega Man 2 no stripe variant.  Absolutely love the item.  A real grail piece.

Most on a single purchase was back in 2014.  $3500CAD buying a full collection from someone locally.  This included stuff like CIB Dino's Peak, Bubble Bubble 2, a "new" DK64 controller, unused consoles, etc.  Even back then, $3500 was an unreal price for it all.  I had to use my student line of credit for the purchase haha, which is the only time I ever actually ended up using it!

22 minutes ago, Maertens29 said:

My spread sheet goes back to 2012, I probably started collecting back in 2009 though?  I used to do it on pen & paper before learning how to use Excel haha.  , 

Heh - there was a time when I was real big into excel for making game maps.  I made them for Warsong, Golden Axe Warrior, Brigandine and Dark Wizard.

1131393165_5CE9BB4E-BF6B-C22A-FD9F699D2CB0D5A6(1).jpg.bb08e1a0eeab1cc4ad2c12ef4a1b4630 (1).jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They don't come along it that condition very often, so it's good that you picked it up when you could.

indeed they are 😛  i have almost all of them in that condition actually.  50 plus games in all  im only missing a few now. 

Edited by Nes Freak

1 hour ago, Maertens29 said:

My spread sheet goes back to 2012, I probably started collecting back in 2009 though?  I used to do it on pen & paper before learning how to use Excel haha.  I was 16 at the time so cut me some slack.

On a single item, it was actually  just a year ago in July 2019.  $2041CAD on a sealed Mega Man 2 no stripe variant.  Absolutely love the item.  A real grail piece.

Most on a single purchase was back in 2014.  $3500CAD buying a full collection from someone locally.  This included stuff like CIB Dino's Peak, Bubble Bubble 2, a "new" DK64 controller, unused consoles, etc.  Even back then, $3500 was an unreal price for it all.  I had to use my student line of credit for the purchase haha, which is the only time I ever actually ended up using it!

Oh man, I'm so jealous of your Mega Man 2 no promo. I've been looking for quite a while for that gem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Jimmer said:

Highest ever is $5000 for a sealed game

highest cib was 2300 for aerofighters with poster

higjest loose was 650CAD for bonks adventure.

ive since sold the latter 2 but still own the sealed game as its my personnal grail 🙂

But you won't spill the beans on which sealed game it is? 

5 hours ago, Jim Jimmer said:

Highest ever is $5000 for a sealed game

Wow, I mean I know that's to some here not a lot, but that is to me.  The problems that alone would solve. 😕  Good on you that you could do that.

Compared, the most I've spent on a sealed old game?  $100.  I found a beautiful sealed Pokemon Red Version at a goodwill of all places back in September 2018.  I have it in a shadowbox on my wall ever since as Charizard is my favorite and that piece of art is too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow, I mean I know that's to some here not a lot, but that is to me.  The problems that alone would solve. 😕  Good on you that you could do that.

Trust me its a lot of money to me too man. I was freaking out when i made the purchase but i have 0 regret 🙂