IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

1 hour ago, Amermoe said:

Someone please correct me as I'm not huge on NES collecting, but I believe there's at least 3 North American variants of NES Legend of Zelda; the silver seal non-Rev A (1st print), Silver seal Rev-A, White Seal Rev-A, and then there's the Latin version, and the French/PAL version, not sure if there's anymore. The one shown here is the 2nd NA print (Rev-A), is this correct?

You have no idea the can of worms you just opened. 🤣😂🤣😂

It all depends on how technical you want to get, but it's at least a third print. @0xDEAFC0DE could probably tell you the exact print just by seeing a thumbnail from across the room.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Amermoe said:

Someone please correct me as I'm not huge on NES collecting, but I believe there's at least 3 North American variants of NES Legend of Zelda; the silver seal non-Rev A (1st print), Silver seal Rev-A, White Seal Rev-A, and then there's the Latin version, and the French/PAL version, not sure if there's anymore. The one shown here is the 2nd NA print (Rev-A), is this correct?

There's a lot more than that. Just for USA there are around 16 known CIB variants (and 10 box variants). The Rev-A circle seal is variants 4-6 (variant 5 adds a "NES-GP" on the back, variant 6 adds a code on the inside flap).

See here for more information for NA Zelda variants (it's a bit outdated including the Zelda 1 CIB info, I'll try to update it today).

For world-wide variants I don't know as much about. But I know there are at least variants with the following region codes/regions:

• ASI
  • Brazil
  • EEC (cart has at least 2 variants)
  • ESP (at least 2 box variants)
  • FAH (box and manual, with at least 2 manual variants)
  • FRA (box and cart, with at least 3 cart variants)
  • FRG (cart and manual, with at least 2 variants)
  • GBR (at least 2 box and 2 cart variants)
  • GPS (at least 3 variants for Greece, Portugal, and Catalonia)
  • HKG
  • ITA (box and manual)
  • KOR (I've only seen a cart)
  • NOE (at least 3 boxes and 2 manuals)
  • SCN (I've only seen a cart)
  • UKV (at least 2 manuals, probably several boxes too but I've only been able to confirm one)

Edit: Rereading your post I realize you mention a latin version. I've never seen one but it could very well exist. I'm curious where you heard that from?

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

There's a lot more than that. Just for USA there are around 16 known CIB variants (and 10 box variants). The Rev-A circle seal is variants 4-6 (variant 5 adds a "NES-GP" on the back, variant 6 adds a code on the inside flap).

Thanks 0xDEAFC0DE, great knowledge to have. I'll be sure to check out your post. I didn't know there were 3 known non Rev-A prints of this game. So my takeaway from all this, is that there were 3 sub-variants of the first print (non Rev-A), and 3 subsequent sub-variants of the second print (circle silver seal), and the first print had TM next to both Zelda title text and Nintendo text. Hopefully I got that right. Do you know if we know this for a fact, or is this just speculation at this point?

As for my comment on the Latin version, please forgive me for not clarifying, I was referring to the Brazilian/Spanish versions - of which now I know there were actually 2 types 😀. As you can tell, NES is not exactly my Forte.

Edited by Amermoe
further elaboration
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Amermoe said:

Thanks 0xDEAFC0DE, great knowledge to have. I'll be sure to check out your post. I didn't know there were 3 known non Rev-A prints of this game. So my takeaway from all this, is that there were 3 sub-variants of the first print (non Rev-A), and 3 subsequent sub-variants of the second print (circle silver seal), and the first print had TM next to both Zelda title text and Nintendo text. Hopefully I got that right. Do you know if we know this for a fact, or is this just speculation at this point?

As for my comment on the Latin version, please forgive me for not clarifying, I was referring to the Brazilian/Spanish versions - of which now I know there were actually 2 types 😀. As you can tell, NES is not exactly my Forte.

I have picture evidence for 9 of the 10 box variants (I'm pretty sure I've seen the other one but that was before I was saving pictures). It's always possible that there's another box we don't know about, but it would have to be very rare.

Ah, that makes sense for the Latin version. I know that a couple SNES games were given the -LTN region code for Latin american (https://snescentral.com/cart.php?id=0303&num=1), so I was wondering if that's what you were referring to.  

(Also finally updated the Zelda variant thread)

• Like 2