IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

After months, I have finally received my games back from Wata!  I won't jump on Wata for their inability to meet their service time standards, that's been done to death. 

What I am going to jump on them for though is for failing to adopt some basic well-established customer service standards.  I have yet to call Wata and have them answer their phone.  They also are VERY delayed in replying to emails and when they do, you get scripted responses. 

I had pictures of these loaded to my wata portal before they ever shipped them out and I pointed out to them that something was wrong via email.  Wata had, despite " handling my games exactly like they handle their own games..", placed my CIB Phantasy Star in the case dedicated to my sealed Phantasy Star.  They are entirely different releases of the game too, with enough to distinguish them from one another that this is inexplicable and unacceptable.

So, the long story short - After months of having these games in their possession, they've screwed up and had every chance to correct it, but were too inept to answer their phone or reply to their emails.  Even if they got the email late, after shipping, they could have reached out to FedEx to have the shipment intercepted and sent back to them.

Let's take the glass half full approach though.  I find myself now on the bleeding edge of the speculation video game investment market.  I am in possession of what I feel will become a highly coveted Wata Error, Sealed (CIB), 9.8 A+ Phantasy Star.  I wish my Sealed (CIB) 9.2, Wata Error Phantasy Star graded higher, but beggars can't be choosers right? 

73528763_551673618741808_5581479862813589504_n.jpg

74459479_741565932976249_6673332786511740928_n.jpg

76713938_462915744338490_2755722124592152576_n.jpg

Edited by RoyalT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, RoyalT said:

Let's take the glass half full approach though.  I find myself now on the bleeding edge of the speculation video game investment market.  I am in possession of a what I feel will become a highly coveted Wata Error, Sealed (CIB), 9.8 A+ Phantasy Star.  I wish my Sealed (CIB) 9.2, Wata Error Phantasy Star graded higher, but beggars can't be choosers right? 

This sucks. I can't tell if this a joke because we're in a crazytown now, lol. Should I be buying any Wata errors I see for their collectibility as "graded collectible collectibles"? I've missed out on a few already!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoyalT said:

After months, I have finally received my games back from Wata!  I won't jump on Wata for their inability to meet their service time standards, that's been done to death. 

What I am going to jump on them for though is for failing to adopt some basic well-established customer service standards.  I have yet to call Wata and have them answer their phone.  They also are VERY delayed in replying to emails and when they do, you get scripted responses. 

I had pictures of these loaded to my wata portal before they ever shipped them out and I pointed out to them that something was wrong via email.  Wata had, despite " handling my games exactly like they handle their own games..", placed my CIB Phantasy Star in the case dedicated to my sealed Phantasy Star.  They are entirely different releases of the game too, with enough to distinguish them from one another that this is inexplicable and unacceptable.

So, the long story short - After months of having these games in their possession, they've screwed up and had every chance to correct it, but were too inept to answer their phone or reply to their emails.  Even if they got the email late, after shipping, they could have reached out to FedEx to have the shipment intercepted and sent back to them.

This is a legitimately terrible mistake and you should try to get your money back. Wow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoyalT said:

Let's take the glass half full approach though.  I find myself now on the bleeding edge of the speculation video game investment market.  I am in possession of what I feel will become a highly coveted Wata Error, Sealed (CIB), 9.8 A+ Phantasy Star.  I wish my Sealed (CIB) 9.2, Wata Error Phantasy Star graded higher, but beggars can't be choosers right? 

73528763_551673618741808_5581479862813589504_n.jpg

74459479_741565932976249_6673332786511740928_n.jpg

76713938_462915744338490_2755722124592152576_n.jpg

WATA Joke!  Curious to see what (if anything) they will do to resolve this screw up.  Absolutely diminishes the reputation they've so adamantly strived to build.  A blatent screw up like this could happen sure, especially hearing how back logged they seem to be, but the fact that they had every opportunity to fix this before it went public goes to show their lack of customer service focus.  Count me out.

3 hours ago, killerkobra said:

Shouldn’t a grading company be absolutely flawless? I mean isn’t that why you would use that service? 

In RoyalT’s case this is straight up pathetic. I would be choked after waiting that long, especially with the poor customer service. There is no excuse for this. 

It’s literally not possible for a company run by humans to be “flawless.”

It’s a silly mistake, they should apologize, fix it, refund RoyalT, and move on. The bigger issues are still communication and lack of expansion, which is certainly exacerbating mistakes like this. Not to speak for him, but if Royal had confidence this would be fixed quickly, I doubt he’d have posted this. 

Edited by ExplodedHamster

14 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

It’s literally not possible for a company run by humans to be “flawless.”

It’s a silly mistake, they should apologize, fix it, refund RoyalT, and move on. The bigger issues are still communication and lack of expansion, which is certainly exacerbating mistakes like this. Not to speak for him, but if Royal had confidence this would be fixed quickly, I doubt he’d have posted this. 

Anything is possible, their goal should be to be "flawless". As a company you don't strive to be "good" you strive to be "flawless or perfect" especially when it comes to grading. Build a strong brand first, then let the happy customers promote your brand for you. Maybe WATA should focus more on quality control and customer service rather than trying to get their name in the headlines. As for RoyalT, he HAD to take this public since they were not responding to him in any way possible, which shows he had zero confidence in them when they choose not to take his issues seriously. I bet any money they responded in a hurry after this went public... Like Wolfman said this completely diminishes their reputation,  especially with their inability in correcting a idiotic (not silly) mistake like this, when there were told about it numerous times. Kinda hard to defend this one...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, killerkobra said:

Anything is possible, their goal should be to be "flawless". As a company you don't strive to be "good" you strive to be "flawless or perfect" especially when it comes to grading. Build a strong brand first, then let the happy customers promote your brand for you. Maybe WATA should focus more on quality control and customer service rather than trying to get their name in the headlines. As for RoyalT, he HAD to take this public since they were not responding to him in any way possible, which shows he had zero confidence in them when they choose not to take his issues seriously. I bet any money they responded in a hurry after this went public... Like Wolfman said this completely diminishes their reputation,  especially with their inability in correcting a idiotic (not silly) mistake like this, when there were told about it numerous times. Kinda hard to defend this one...

This.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, killerkobra said:

... I bet any money they responded in a hurry after this went public...

They most certainly did!  I am not bitter or petty.  People who know me know that I am reasonable and I did try to handle this discretely.  Upon posting this to the forum and to their Facebook page, I did hear from Deniz directly.  He took the time to call me and apologize personally.  I do credit them for that, but he wouldn't have even known about this until he was notified by his social media folks.  Deniz is trying to grow his business, I get that!  I do want the guy to succeed - heck, I submitted games to wata because my perception was that the delivered a high quality service.  They just need to do some reflecting on their first year or so in business and work out a lot of issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, killerkobra said:

Goals and reality often do not align. Everyone can strive to be perfect, but in the end, nobody will be. The communication issue, as I stated, is a continuous issue that is well past the point of being excused. But the mixing up of tops on the same game from the same submission, stuff like that is just going to happen over time when you’re dealing with tens of thousands of submissions. 

And the “headlines” bit is a cute line, but I have a feeling they spend way more time in the shop doing labor than talking with reporters for a story every couple months. But maybe you’ve done the math. 

Oh, and “idiotic,” not “silly” mistake. 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Goals and reality often do not align. Everyone can strive to be perfect, but in the end, nobody will be. The communication issue, as I stated, is a continuous issue that is well past the point of being excused. But the mixing up of tops on the same game from the same submission, stuff like that is just going to happen when you’re dealing with tens of thousands of submissions. 

And the “headlines” bit is a cute line, but I have a feeling they spend way more time in the shop doing labor than talking with reporters for a story every couple months.  But maybe you’ve done the math. 

So much do you have invested in WATA? smh

Edited by killerkobra

16 minutes ago, killerkobra said:

So much do you have invested in WATA? smh

Nothing, I’m just trying to insert some reason. Everyone makes mistakes, expecting them to never make a mistake like this is ridiculous. Claiming it’s because they “are too busy having articles written about them” even moreso. I said the issue here is communication, essentially exact same thing you said in your post. You’re still mad for some reason. Ok. 

8 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Nothing, I’m just trying to insert some reason. Everyone makes mistakes, expecting them to never make a mistake like this is ridiculous. Claiming it’s because they “are too busy having articles written about them” even moreso. I said the issue here is communication, essentially exact same thing you said in your post. You’re still mad for some reason. Ok. 

I am sorry you feel that I am mad. I am just trying to make sense of your constant defending of WATA, because you always come off extremely defensive, that's all. 

• Like 4