IGNORED

A New Guitar Hero World Record

RH

I was a big fan of Guitar Hero back in the day. I guess most gamers were. Well, I saw on a non-gaming site I follow a post of this video of a guy 100%ing one of the most difficult songs at 165% speed. Whaaaaaaat?! Worth the watch for a couple of minutes, even if you're not a GH fan.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

6 hours ago, Skorp said:

Wow, haven't heard that name in a LOOOONG time. I remember those days everyone trying to be the best at this song. My gosh, that is NUTS!!! He is not human. The practice he needed to do that is insane though for all that muscle memory.

You should go back to the video and read the first, pinned comment.  It looks like it's from one of the developers (who now apparently knows this guy) and the dev said that while this game was in development, for about 2 months he was the only one who could even finish this song within the company.  So, they were going to pull it from the game.  The dev told them to let it play through the credits so you wouldn't have to finish it to "beat the game"m, which is what they opted to do.  I guess they assumed that the most hard core players would actually like to have an "impossible" song.  Well, here were are over 10 years later and not only are players beating it, but someone cut up the speed to 165% on the highest difficulty and nailed every note.

As an aside note, GHAddict needs to stop playing Guitar Hero and with fingers that fast, he could be one killer guitarist.  We're talking about some of the most insane face melters are plausible from a guy like that.

Is there any truth to this South Park parody?  That real guitar players who try to play GH for the first time...well...

PS: You guys remember how I used this to parody how envious and obsessed kids (and adults!) are with fake virtual things in mobile/phone games that can easily cost hundreds, even thousands of dollars, and then when the parent or whatever tries to so off how cool real games and real gaming memorabilia are and get this kind of reaction 😞 

Edited by Estil