IGNORED

Collectors Edition

What's your favourite collectors edition of a game?  Do you own it? What makes it great? 

One I own is the modern warfare 2 prestige edition. Still cant believe the goggles work! Another I own is the fire emblem thracia 776 deluxe pack. One of possibly 3 CE for the Snes that I know of and it looks amazing. Even if it was bought out of anger. 

One I wanted was the Metroid Legacy edition on the 3DS. One of the rare times the UK got something better. If you haven't seen it, look it up. 

Golden rule broken. What's yours?

• Like 1

There's nothing really special about the package itself, but my favorite is the Kickstarter special edition of Wasteland 2 that I got several years back.  Wasteland was the one game that my dad played literally for decades, again and again, and when an actual sequel came up as a Kickstarter, it was a no brainer to pick up.  What really made it special is the intention of my brother and I to get together and play through the game together using characters based off of the ones my father spent so many years cultivating.  For the unfamiliar, Wasteland let you restore the game world and replay it using the same characters over and over again.  At one point in the game (spoilers) there are cloning tanks which will allow you to make duplicates of any characters that you can then rename.  My dad did this at some point, but specifically of the totally player controllable characters (there are about a dozen NPCs you can pick up who you can gear up and upgrade skills on but not totally control) and kept on trucking.  At present the game is still sealed and we've not gotten around to it as we've not been able to find one of his backups so as to be able to pull off a list of names (and hopefully a skill list).  Most of our parents' stuff is in storage and hard to get to, hence the delay in getting this done, but we'll get around to it one day when we've got the time to spend going through everything and checking every disk.

• Like 3

Any of the Fallout ones. I got 3, 4 and 76. Vegas is on my list to nab but I haven't found a good price on a complete one for PC (I get PC ones only because it's the platform I play the games on the most...plus mod support 🙂 ). I was let down by the quality of the Pipboy in 4 and the helmet in 76 (and bag gate). But they still look sweet. 76 is just...HUGE. I have no room to display it at all. It's currently sitting on my CRT because that's the only space big enough for it...where it won't be damaged.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

THIS, is the best collector's edition I have ever seen (and I've seen quite a few)!

Screenshot-from-2021-01-10-06-08-05.png

https://specialreservegames.com/gris-signature-edition/

What make sit so special? Each of the 250 produced came with an exclusive hand-painted watercolor painting by the artist behind Gris, Conrad Roset! Each of these editions, is literally one-of-a-kind. Of course, each painting can vary in style and how well you might like it (painted at the artist's discretion). Anyway, I haven't seen one of these for sale in a long time. For the record there is one "art bundle" for sale on ebay right now, but it is NOT the edition that includes the painting which is the "signature edition".

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...