IGNORED

Had two friend(s) give me a cart and a system

Jfreakofkorn

As the title mention(s) , these were given to me . I have no clue if either even if works . One is the systen ( with no cables ) and the other is the cart ( its a CIB ) . I dont know if this would even play on a tv here state side if i managed to have located the cable(s) ( power supply and the video/ audio cable ) . What can you all tell me about this system and how did it get here state ( was it even sold here in the states ) or someone brought it over w visiting the other side of the pond ? 

20200427_145253.jpg

Edited by Jfreakofkorn
Mis spell
  • Like 1

Dude, that’s a Famicom. Japanese NES. It will work in America, but you have to be sure the power supply puts out Direct Current (DC). The USA NES power supply provides Alternating Current (AC) which would fry the Famicom circuit board.

• Like 1

Yeah, it could have been made anywhere from 1983 to 1993 when they replaced it with the AV Famicom (similar to our Toploader NES.) Given the serial number, probably somewhere in the middle to closer to 1993.

You can use that to play NES games if you get an adapter, but there's a ton of great Famicom games we never got, and that's a cool way to play them. They tend to be cheap for the most part, and a retro game store might have a small selection. You could order them from Japan as well, though right now shipping may be delayed. Or buy some from people on here. (Not mine, though, I'm keeping mine. 😊 )

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Does this system have any faults that i need to be aware of ?

Not really. It's basically NES hardware with a different pin connector. The controllers are hardwired in, so the cords tend to be short. Depending on how far away the TV is, you might need to have the console sitting next to you. Additional controllers, like the Arkanoid Vaus plug into the port on the front. The player two controller has a microphone for games like The Legend of Zelda and karaoke games.

The disk system add-on can have belt issues, but it is fixable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Hmmmmmm . . . . I ll have to look into the library available for this unit . Also have to score a set of cable(s) for the system . Does this system have any faults that i need to be aware of ?

Why do you keep writing about it like it's some weird thing, it's a famicom!

🙂 Just messing with you but it's faults include short cables for the controllers and rf

Administrator · Posted
9 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Hmmmmmm . . . . I ll have to look into the library available for this unit . Also have to score a set of cable(s) for the system . Does this system have any faults that i need to be aware of ?

Hey bro why the brackets? And why no consistency on it?

"cable(s)" but not "fault(s)"?