IGNORED

Favorite 8 bit chick (respectfully)

docile tapeworm

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a favorite (respectfully), Moby from WURM: Journey to the Center of the Earth. Too bad her game is... while a cool idea (because I like the vehicle too), is a bit lacking in greatness.

Spend a few hours this afternoon going through parts of the game, taking snapshots and collecting her sprites and cutscene images and putting them together in this spritesheet. Hopefully not missing anything, but good enough for now.

1091450007_2020-5-31Wurm-JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth!(USA)-Mobyspritesheet.png.bc6bcebacd2528ad6073dbfe2b7cff04.png

Edited by MeganJoanne
updated spritesheet
  • Like 4

Another favorite, so much so that back in 2006 when my brother got the first computer our family ever owned (excludes webtv) I was working on the idea of changing Zelda II: The Adventure of Link into Arkista's Ring II, my very first sprite edit being turning an Ironknuckle into the Shogun (that cool looking guy on the cover below), and replaced every enemy as well as Link with edits for characters from Arkista's Ring, only I didn't know how to make it so that Link, now Christine would shoot (arrows) all the time. It was my first foray into pixel art, and I have Christine to thank because I thought she deserved a better game than what she got, not that her game is bad, just lacking. I never got far with it, cause then I went on to work on other ideas which in turn never completed. Anyway, with Christine, her in-game sprite or pause profile pic, not hot, but for the box art of her, wow. The in game image of her looks like a little girl, cute in a mischievious, little brat sorta way, but also sorta scary with that grin, as for the sprite, well, it's 16x16, not much can be done about that, other than use your imagination, I'll use the box art as my imagined imagine of her, always have.

1184032477_2020-6-1ArkistasRing-Christinespritesheetandboxart.png.6d5faa2e42608bbcc68c9f080c03ddc4.png

Better yet, I spent several hours making her in game profile pic better...

1834366274_2020-6-1Christine-ArkistasRingsprite-coloredit.png.ab94005258c5f8665736c616eedf126f.png

... there! That's more like it!

Oh, too many colors for NES, not fair! Fine, limited colors...

1680386393_2020-6-1Christine-ArkistasRingspriteeditwithlimited5colors.png.7a7139442f269d2b3295e6951b328e84.png

So I question... why did they tease me so with the hot elf on the cover, only to give me an impish little girl in-game?

Yeah, I know, most box art was like this, still this one could have been just like the art.

Edited by MeganJoanne
minor edit to sprites
  • Like 2

The ever so perfectly named Cutie...

Love her large images but somehow the smaller ones of her felt like different artistry. Also, why the pumpkin coloring? Anyway, yeah, cute as her name says.

Oh, Astyanax in that one image is not supposed to be just a neon looking outline, but this is about Cutie. So thought about removing him completely but found a middle ground, there but not quite there.

334211510_2020-6-3Astyanax-Cutiespritesheet.png.6c668ad3366af9776b09e67812619ce2.png