IGNORED

Favorite 8 bit chick (respectfully)

docile tapeworm

Is this limited to in-game sprites or are cutscenes and box art also allowed? Out of the ones already mentioned I do like Yuko from Valis and of course Samus very much. The Princess of Moonbrook looks great on the US cover, but her in-game sprite is not that great, imho.

Apart from these I liked the mother of the Drasle family from Legacy of the Wizard. She looks so noble and beautiful on the Japanese cover, yet also strong and determined. Her sprite captures her dignified appearance quite well and I like the strong purple colors. Compared to that her husband looks like a poor combination of a caveman and Quasimodo.

Dragon Warrior/Quest IV also has some nice female characters. While Mara is visually the most attractive, I actually liked Alena the best. She's pretty cute, but also kicks some ass. Her backstory is great as well. She wants to become a strong warrior and escapes her castle in order to participate in a fighting torunament. She's also the best damage dealer in the game. While she may lack the raw attack strength and the robsut armor of the protagonist, she makes up for it with her speed and her ability to cause critical hits. Just give her that weapon that lets her attack twice and and watch her pummel the final boss to death with her incredible crits.

I also liked the Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Densetsu.

• Like 1

I don’t know about “favorite” because it’s not something I’ve ever thought about really but I enjoy playing as Lucia, the main character in Psychic World (one of my favorite Master System/Game Gear games). It’s a nice change of pace to play as her rather than another Generic Buff Military Man™️ in an 8-bit run n’ gun/action platformer.

CC7C18C3-1028-4EE4-8463-47B71CCCAE03.jpeg

F19AB587-18BD-404B-BBAE-27380D420A29.png

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...