IGNORED

Thought on GameStop promo posters and signage

So a few years ago on NA they was a member and I’m sorry that I don’t know his name but gave me the idea. He was dumpster diving and pulling system, games, empty boxes and what not out of their trash. So I did it several times and sure enough I found the same items. I also found boxes filled with promo display posters and signage that you see around the stores. So I have 6 of them stuffed with these items. The dates range from late 2016 through mid 2017.  It definitely filled my video game collecting fix when I didn’t have the money to buy anything 😁. My question that I pose here is, what are your thought that these items will have a value some day. I know it will be 20 from now if they do and I don’t have a great place or method besides the cardboard boxes they are in to Preserve them. Are they worth keeping or is the hope of value a pipe dream? Sorry for the bad English and I can’t wait to see y’all thoughts.

0886461A-9EE8-40CD-9531-B2E480871F94.jpeg

62C667C6-6A4F-4E21-9BE1-83272D259764.jpeg

• Like 1

If GameStop goes under this stuff will definitely be worth a little bit at least. Maybe not a whole lot but more than zero.

So it's a long shot. First GameStop has to go out of business and then you need to wait a while for the nostalgia factor to kick in before this stuff has value.

Edited by bowser

I believe that will happen within the next 5 years or so once the next generation or two systems come out and there will be no Physical media. I keep tell my wife only 20 more years and I will get rid of them😁. What you said about the Nostalgia is what keeps me holding onto them. I would love to have a promo poster from the NES times.

The trick ought to be getting to know an employee not hoarding shit from a dumpster. Not that i'm sensitive about dirt but collector items should be in as best condition as possible and those dumpsters might have all kinds of shit and dirt in them. Something might be moisty because someone threw wet paperstuff etc. For your personal collection it's ok but i'd never buy a dumpster collectible and i'd start start fucking fuming if i found out in retrospect that someone sent me one.

4 hours ago, cartman said:

The trick ought to be getting to know an employee not hoarding shit from a dumpster. Not that i'm sensitive about dirt but collector items should be in as best condition as possible and those dumpsters might have all kinds of shit and dirt in them. Something might be moisty because someone threw wet paperstuff etc. For your personal collection it's ok but i'd never buy a dumpster collectible and i'd start start fucking fuming if i found out in retrospect that someone sent me one.

I hear what you are saying but making friends has never been my best suit so that’s the only way I would ever be able to have acquire these😁. For me the fun is in the hunt and find.