IGNORED

Super Mario Maker 2 final update

LeatherRebel5150

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I borrowed a N64 in 2000 but once I finished Ocarina Of Time, I gave it back.

I bought a Gamecube with Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine for $80 in 2006 but had it for 6 years before I even turned it on. Once I beat Windwaker I never touched it again. I still haven't played Super Mario Sunshine.

I got a Wii in 2007 and played Wii Sports a bunch but never really played anything else. My Skyward Sword is still sealed because I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Up until about 3 months ago, I thought the Wii U was just a portable version of the Wii......no joke. I saw some video of it on YouTube and was wondering how they hooked it up to their Wii and then the guy in the video explained that it's actually its own console. I still don't completely understand how it works.......is it portable? Is it a tablet? Does it work on the television? I don't get this thing, it's confusing.

I finally got back into games when the Switch was coming out and my girlfriend bought me one in March, 2017 (or whatever launch year was) and I had to keep it sealed until my birthday at the end of June.

😂😂😂

You're like a time capsule gamer. Someone buried you in their backyard in 1994 when they graduated and dug you back up 25 years later. 

Just tried the Super Worlds feature...

Not all its cracked up to be.  You have a very limited space to place your levels.  There is no making of a Super Mario World or anything like that.   It's just a fancy way to string together your levels, which certainly is nice., but disappointingly limited. 

Edited by LaC

5 minutes ago, LaC said:

Just tried the Super Worlds feature...

Not all its cracked up to be.  You have a very limited space to place your levels.  There is no making of a Super Mario World or anything like that.   It's just a fancy way to string together your levels, which certainly is nice., but disappointingly limited. 

I dont know what you expected. Its way better than I expected them to make. You can make aesthetically pleasing areas, and geographic levels that make sense to where they are placed. Change level icons to ships, pokeys, ghost house, for themes etc. Its pretty sweet. I struggled at first with the mountain tops to make it flow, then learned you can make them a path and not just an offshoot if you place 2 side by side.

I figured they would just give us a line and you place your levels in order on it like new super mario ds or something. This is way better. I am keeping my first 8 world game all mario bros 3 style and specific to world themes etc.

Edited by Quest4Nes

11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

😂😂😂

You're like a time capsule gamer. Someone buried you in their backyard in 1994 when they graduated and dug you back up 25 years later. 

I'm not sure if this is a reference to Blast From The Past or Encino Man... but I KNOW it's a Brendan Frasier reference!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

This will be so cool when people create entire games around a central theme. They can actually teach the player skills and then provide opportunities to apply them. The true game design wizards will really shine with this update. Very exciting.

Yeah this is what I was hoping for, but its extremely limited.  Basically you can recreate the first overworld screen of Super Mario World and thats it.  You can't even upload multiple worlds.

Nintendo doesn't want to allow this for obvious reasons. Too bad.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LaC said:

Yeah this is what I was hoping for, but its extremely limited.  Basically you can recreate the first overworld screen of Super Mario World and thats it.  You can't even upload multiple worlds.

That's a bummer. Hopefully people can get around it by designing several worlds and sharing all the codes.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Jeez! They really did put some serious limitations on this thing.

Yeah imagine if someone made some mario game better than theirs.  I assume thats why the limitations are there.  Certainly there are no technical reasons.

19 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wonder, I've never read any kind of user agreement or anything related to the game but does Nintendo "own" the designs uploaded? So in theory they could take the best, or what they consider the best, levels and "steal" them when they make a new game?

You are using their IP, so I would say yes they own it entirely.  

8 hours ago, LaC said:

???? You can string 8 worlds together and have 40 levels in one Super World. 

You have a spot for 6 Whole Super Worlds to upload. I dont think youve looked into it very much

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Jeez! They really did put some serious limitations on this thing.

Hes not right. You can upload 6 super worlds. Each of your super worlds can consist of 8 worlds of 40 levels. 5 per world.  IT has some limitations. It could always be better, but its way better than hes leading on here. I dont think hes looked into it much

Ive mapped out my world maps. Plugging levels away now. I got 4 levels in the bank working on a 5th. Closing in on completing world 1 of my 8 world super world.

Here is a sneak peak at the 8th world map of my super world.  Making the maps is fun.

20200422_045121.jpg

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Hes not right. You can upload 6 super worlds. Each of your super worlds can consist of 8 worlds of 40 levels. 5 per world.  IT has some limitations. It could always be better, but its way better than hes leading on here. I dont think hes looked into it much

Ive mapped out my world maps. Plugging levels away now. I got 4 levels in the bank working on a 5th. Closing in on completing world 1 of my 8 world super world.

Being able to build your own game essentially is really cool.  Looking forward to checking it out.

6 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Here is a sneak peak at the 8th world map of my super world.  Making the maps is fun.

20200422_045121.jpg

Wow, thanks for the corrected info. Please share your worlds when you're done!

15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Wow, thanks for the corrected info. Please share your worlds when you're done!

Its going to take some serious time. Ill definitely be posting it. I do not upload kaizo style or super expert like courses. Itll be for any regular player. Im doing all my levels for this super world in super mario bros 3 style. Hoping to have atleast 1 world done this weekend. Try to maybe get 1 world a week done. Im trying to keep the levels somewhat basic at first. Try to mix in different level types and let them be easier early on. Its tough. Im a very big aesthetic person and it has to be visually appealing. I cant stand playing ugly barron or unorganized clutter( IE Naked Pipes, unfinished floor and walls, no screen scroll  locks to close off areas, Enemies that dont fit theme at all, like random squids flying around in a snow course)

Im definitely not an expert course maker or anything, I just enjoy the process of making. Mario Maker 1 I was more of a maker. Ive played alot of multiplayer with mm2. With this world update though, it has me back in maker mode.

I might take a breather and make a non world Super Mario 2 update style level. I had an idea today and Id prefer to do it before I see it online and its done better lol.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Pardon my ignorance on the matter.  How do I play your levels once you are done?  My experience with both Mario Makers has been 100% paying random levels. 

Edited by TDIRunner

25 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Pardon my ignorance on the matter.  How do I play your levels once you are done?  My experience with both Mario Makers has been 100% paying random levels.  What skill level are you shooting for with your 8 world game?

search for a maker with a maker ID. On their profile it will worlds on the right side of your profile. If you just go to super worlds on course world its random. 

Im shooting for a skill level of someone who can play mario games. Not a pick up after 20 years casual person, but Id say someone who can hold their own and not be an embarrassment. I always say if you are holding y while you play , then I can tell you arent an embarrassment lol. Lets say start at 3-4/10 level player and get to a 6-7/10. Nothing crazy. Some worlds will be harder than others probably due to theme . Like Sky world itll be easier to die

I personally dont think the original smb 3 is hard at all. So maybe just a bit  harder than that later in the game. Levels near the beginning will be shorter with not really any checkpoints. Lengthier and more challenging levels will get a checkpoint.  The problem I have is the creativity roadblock. You just hit a wall where you cant think of something fun. You just have to put it down and come back. You arent ever going to be entirely unique so you cant think of it like I have to make something no one has done. When playing I just want it to feel like mario. Or atleast Mario Maker lol.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

20200422_045121.jpg

How do you upload more than one world?  And how do you "string them together" ?

All the press confirms what I've said...

On 4/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Code Monkey said:

. I still haven't played Super Mario Sunshine.

You’re not missing anything. 

On 4/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Code Monkey said:

. I still don't completely understand how it works.......is it portable? Is it a tablet? Does it work on the television?

The controller has a screen in it. It cannot play without the console unit. But you can play on the controller screen with or without the TV. If using the TV, the controller screen becomes supplementary - can display map, inventory, etc. Just like the 3/DS. Also like the DS, it has a lot of potential — as shown in the trailer below—  but it was not used in very interesting ways by many games. 

13 minutes ago, Link said:

it has a lot of potential

It HAD a lot of potential.  It was certainly the best chance to get DS and 3DS games on a console (basically like a Game Boy Player attachment for the Wii U).  With the single screen experience on the Switch, we will probably never have another opportunity for that ever again.  

5 hours ago, LaC said:

How do you upload more than one world?  And how do you "string them together" ?

All the press confirms what I've said...

Um im using it right now lol. Have you actually dived into it? You just click the w1 on the left and then add w2,w3 etc. Each world can have 5 levels. 1 beibg the castle. Though it doesnt have to be a castle theme. Each super world can have 8 worlds. After beating it cannon launches you to the next world. There are 6 super world save slots. So one would assume 6 super worlds. Why would their be 6 super world save slots in worldbot?

Im pretty sure your press releases are casuals who have not dived into it much. Your kutaku and gamespot writers of the world arent like members here. They arent the nintendo diehard enthusiasts of the world. They think they are though.

20 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Um im using it right now lol. Have you actually dived into it? You just click the w1 on the left and then add w2,w3 etc. Each world can have 5 levels. 1 beibg the castle. Though it doesnt have to be a castle theme. Each super world can have 8 worlds. After beating it cannon launches you to the next world. There are 6 super world save slots. So one would assume 6 super worlds. Why would their be 6 super world save slots in worldbot?

Im pretty sure your press releases are casuals who have not dived into it much. Your kutaku and gamespot writers of the world arent like members here. They arent the nintendo diehard enthusiasts of the world. They think they are though.

One of the streamers I watched loaded up the super world's and was seeing 8 world's 40 levels made by friends.  Seems to be working just fine.

2 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

One of the streamers I watched loaded up the super world's and was seeing 8 world's 40 levels made by friends.  Seems to be working just fine.

2 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

I suppose you could download 6 super worlds from 6 different friends.  That's probably what you are seeing? 

Edited by LaC