IGNORED

In quest/rpg sorts of games, what kind of girl main party characters do you like best? Cute ones, Disney Princess ones, sexy ones...?

Estil

17 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

Also like King from Art of Fighting. Her in that tux... yum 😋

Are you sure that's a "her"? 😞  Now these are what I call chicks in a tux...I can't believe there have actually been proms that wouldn't let tux girls in 😞  Honestly I think chicks in a men's suit/tux look HOT!! 😄 I mean, Robin especially looks adorable in a tux 🙂 

Edited by Estil

• 1 year later...

So I'm now working on Tales of Symphonia (PS3; cuz you know, the trophies) and Colette (she is so kawaii, isn't she?) has one of my quirks...we both say we're sorry too much! 😄  And then when she's called out on it, she says she's sorry for saying sorry too much! 😄 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:38 AM, Estil said:

Are you sure that's a "her"? 😞  Now these are what I call chicks in a tux...I can't believe there have actually been proms that wouldn't let tux girls in 😞  Honestly I think chicks in a men's suit/tux look HOT!! 😄 I mean, Robin especially looks adorable in a tux 🙂 

King was a twist. Short hair, the fighting style, wearing a suit. Even the name. In story you hit her so hard her shirt comes undone, showing her bra. 

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

King was a twist. Short hair, the fighting style, wearing a suit. Even the name. In story you hit her so hard her shirt comes undone, showing her bra. 

Speaking of which I did get to the part in Symphonia where Boobs, eh I mean Sheena joins your team...I still like the original Floyd/Colette/Genis/Raine team best though.  Raine sure does like slapping her little bro Genis a lot though!!

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Estil said:

Umm, NOT cute...NOT kawaii... 😞 

Kawaii (Japanese: かわいい or 可愛い, IPA: [kawaiꜜi]; 'lovely', 'loveable', 'cute', or 'adorable')[1] is the culture of cuteness in Japan.[2][3][4] It can refer to items, humans and non-humans that are charming, vulnerable, shy and childlike.[2

thats-not-creepy-at-all-not-creepy.gif

That's normal for Japan, more socially open about stuff the west could find creepy or strange.  Yet vulnerable and childlike don't have to be a pairing for kawaii.  That dictionary probably should have closed that with shy OR (not AND) as primarily it's really just used for cute more than the rest.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's normal for Japan, more socially open about stuff the west could find creepy or strange.  Yet vulnerable and childlike don't have to be a pairing for kawaii.  That dictionary probably should have closed that with shy OR (not AND) as primarily it's really just used for cute more than the rest.

Yes, Reed's post reads it can not it must.  And it's just kinda rewarding and fascinating seeing these kinds of JRPG characters think nothing of kicking ass and taking names! 😄 

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Eh personally I don't care.  Attractive vs meh or worse is nice I guess, but it really comes down to the abilities and personality it brings to the table to make them a benefit to the game and not a lame prop.

All the more reason for my ground rule for they have to be in the main party/team...guest characters or NPCs don't count. More often than not the cute chick is a major if not THE major star of the show, eh I mean game.

Edited by Estil

On 4/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Tanooki said:

Yeah I know, all for the horny teens... as if enough boys didn't lose it over Titfa Lockhart when FF7 came out.

I thought that was Lara Croft with her pointed tits that did that at the time?  Though I personally do dig Tifa's knee length hair I like in that game Areith best 🙂  And as I do with JRPGs that let me do so, I traditionally name the first female character (Tifa) after my wife Denise and the second female character (Areith) after our dearly departed kitty Tweetie.  Though that means it makes a particular scene/part of that game especially sad 😞