IGNORED

Music Debate #59: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

Homebrew Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

IMO, 90's and 80's are my favorite era for music.  Never find me giving an 8 to the peppers!

Maybe I could have done a 9, but can't take it back now.... but I could give it 'way, give it 'way, give it 'way now

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Count said:

6/10. Not their fault, but is there a more overplayed band?

I saw a comment about them yesterday that summed up my feelings on them  perfectly.

I used to like them (at least their stuff that had radio play in the 80's through the mid-90's)...but their more current stuff is so off-putting that it makes me retroactively dislike their old stuff I used to enjoy.

For a band that was has been around as long as they have and been as hyped as they have, they have never released a truly great album.

They live or die by their singles and those seem pretty hit or miss with a lot coming out on the more annoying end of the spectrum.

Unpopular opinion:

One Hot Minute is the last true Chili Peppers album. When they were a new band in the early - mid 80's, they were asked to describe their music in an interview. I believe it was Flea who said "Bone Crunching Maniac Funk." The last album that could have any chance of meeting that description is OHM. It sucks that John Fruscante is a diva bitch and won't play any of those songs live, because the few videos that exist of the OHM tour show that those songs KILL live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MachineCode said:

Unpopular opinion:

One Hot Minute is the last true Chili Peppers album. When they were a new band in the early - mid 80's, they were asked to describe their music in an interview. I believe it was Flea who said "Bone Crunching Maniac Funk." The last album that could have any chance of meeting that description is OHM. It sucks that John Fruscante is a diva bitch and won't play any of those songs live, because the few videos that exist of the OHM tour show that those songs KILL live.

Frusciante is back now.

I hate one hot minute. I can only dig a couple of those songs. I had it back in the day. I tried so hard to like it but Dave Navarro just wasnt doing it for me. I like early RHCP stuff too, but I like when they got away from entirely in your face funk and have some more melodic rock songs. Californication, By the Way, Stadium Arcadium are all just so good.

4 hours ago, fox said:

For a band that was has been around as long as they have and been as hyped as they have, they have never released a truly great album.

They live or die by their singles and those seem pretty hit or miss with a lot coming out on the more annoying end of the spectrum.

Stadium Arcadium didnt have a bad track and it was 2 CDs . I disagree with live and die by singles. You probably say that because californication was all singles lol

The sad thing is Ive had them on in class all the time. And only once has a kid even known who they were. It was depressing( and we are talking about high school kids, wouldnt play RHCP with young kids lol)

Edited by Quest4Nes