IGNORED

Hello All (Introduction)

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

I loved SO2 during that era.  I just came off of completing FF7 and I needed another futuristic, world may end, RPG.  The game was so vast and I really liked that battle system.  Being able to play as either Claude or Rena was cool too. 

Deadeye : Right on, my friend.  Absolutely.  Star Ocean 2 was/is something else.  It really pushed the action RPG forward.  Outstanding Motoi Sakuraba music and world design (beautiful graphics, too).  The male/female options were great for female fans of RPGs and made for some fun discussions, since they could enjoy the romance mechanics vicariously just like male gamers.  Loved the item creation, many endings, and that cast -- I honestly think the SO2 cast is as good as FF7's. 

That said, if you want more of them, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for Game Boy Color is a masterpiece (features the same cast).  It was recently translated to English.  I HIGHLY recommend it if you haven't played it.  It's the biggest game on the system (and it shows).  A combination of Link's Awakening mechanics with Tales of Phantasia-style real-time combat.  Also retains an item creation system.  It's also one of my favorite games of all time.

And hello DreamCuPS !  Welcome!

1085062_10200486925969634_551565624_o.jpg

Edited by JanusZeal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...