IGNORED

Survivor: VGS Sign-Up Thread

KokiriChild

24 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

What does this consist of because honestly, i dont have a big collection and I find it frustrating to play emulators 😛 Right now i am playing millipede via a browser and if there is anything more frustrating it is using anything but my thumb to move in all directions...............

I can only speak for last game, but we played all sorts of random stuff.  NES, SNES, Atari, some broken google browser game.  There was no chance that everyone had all of those games.  Everyone was in the same boat in that regard.  

And Gloves is just plain wrong.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

whats the latest signup date there @KokiriChild

Like I said, its really dependent on how quickly we fill up the roster, and how soon after everyone involved wants to start playing. 

37 minutes ago, Splain said:

What sorts of things get people voted out? Poor performance in the games? Straight back-stabbing?

A combination. In the early game, you are probably going to want to keep your tribe strong to make sure you win immunity, while in the later game, the challenges become individual, so taking out threats is important. It is truly a game of social politics, because perhaps you vote of massive threat in the early game to avoid them even getting to the individual portion. Plus, the people you vote out are the ones who decide which player out of the Final 3 wins the entire thing. Its a multilayered social manipulation and video game skill sandwich. And thats without even mentioning Hidden Immunity Idols!

I was planning on removal any kind of PM limit this game but I am willing to hear both sides of the argument and will do what the majority thinks is best.

Events Helper · Posted

ffs, why so vague 😛.  Look, if it involves playing games i like it, but there are days where i can't play, so what are the time tables like.........if i go on a 3 day weekend at work and i can't play the entire time then i wouldn't be of any use for this game.  At least with werewolf i could just talk shit on my cell phone.........no game play there until i get my monitor 64...........So that being said, is there leniency with this type of stuff, otherwise I prolly won't be participating. 

Like Werewolf, its best if you just try. The game takes place over 39 days, which is about a week longer than Werewolf usually takes. Perhaps as long as the Batman game did. 

Players are voted out every 3 days. As the number of people gets lower, that number eventually becomes 2 days, and then every day. Challenges usually happen on the 1st and 2nd days of the 3-day round (Reward challenges on the first day, Immunity challenges on the 2nd) the 3rd day is for Tribal Council where someone will be voted out. 

Many of the challenges will have either mobile-friendly or non-gaming portions, and also players will be required to sit out of some challenges if they have more players than the smaller tribe so that both sides are even. Long story short, there is some wiggle room. I would honestly say you should sign up. I'm not going to be asking you to play Stadium Events or Action 52, most all games will be easily accessible.

Editorials Team · Posted

Looks like they tried a similar thing over on a cool site called GoCollect. Obvioiusly the private goings-on aren't shown here but maybe reading through this thread will be an ok substitute for seeing any of the show at all.

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/172986/survivor-season-2

6 minutes ago, Splain said:

Looks like they tried a similar thing over on a cool site called GoCollect. Obvioiusly the private goings-on aren't shown here but maybe reading through this thread will be an ok substitute for seeing any of the show at all.

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/172986/survivor-season-2

That's the game I played in. You can see the kind of games we had to play. 

Moderator · Posted
3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

idk, give me a day or two, if it fills up before then fine......i dont wanna screw anyone over so just count me out for now.

The contests drive it, people that didn’t add anything to the contests or discussion were typically voted out. 

7 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I'll have to think on this, but it sounds interesting. Also Mafia/Werewolf shoutouts as when Fire & Ice Mafia was ran on the SA forums, it was Survivor themed/flavored lol

I think you would do quite well, if I am being honest. Would love to have you play. 

What time frame is everyone thinking as far as when I should start the game? I'm going to need time to finish making the design regardless but are we thinking ASAP or should we wait a bit?

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

What time frame is everyone thinking as far as when I should start the game? I'm going to need time to finish making the design regardless but are we thinking ASAP or should we wait a bit?

I would definitely say a few weeks, maybe even a month personally, so people like me who participated in the last Werewolf game can have some time to decompress, but that's just what I think.

I love survivor (watched every season and applied to be on the show 3 times). I love the idea of this too. One question, what games will we be playing? I ask because I think it's highly probable people won't own all of the games we have to play. 

1 hour ago, Makar said:

I love survivor (watched every season and applied to be on the show 3 times). I love the idea of this too. One question, what games will we be playing? I ask because I think it's highly probable people won't own all of the games we have to play. 

It will be a variety. It could be anything from Super Mario Bros, to an obscure Atari title, to a shitty browser game. Emulators are allowed and all games that I ask of you will be ones where ROMs or other options are easily accessible. If you are a super fan like myself, I say jump on in. 

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

If you have a plethora of people you can drop me from the roster.  It's hard to find time to play retro,and if I do it should be some SNES stuff I need to wrap up.

I'm looking back at your first post and noticed you didn't actually say you wanted to play. If we can only get exactly 18, would you be interested in playing? I don't mean to make you if you don't want to, but we'd be happy to have you none the less.