IGNORED

What are your Coronavirus Lockdown resolutions?

SilverspoonGaming

11 hours ago, Estil said:

So you probably won't be able to match the Founding Father of both Bluegrass and the Mandolin, Bill Monroe right?  FUN FACT: In 1988 it was made the official Bluegrass song (and essentially the second state song) of Kentucky:

And while we're on the subject of state songs, here's without a doubt the most famous rendition of My Old Kentucky Home (which is traditionally played after each home UK game, sorta like our version of a flag lowering/"Taps" sort of concluding number), sung by our 44th (1935-39) and 49th governor (1955-59) as well as the second Commissioner of MLB (1945-51) 🙂 

And at the risk of looking like a bit of a traitor, I gotta include this rendition of Tennessee's state (and university) song as it includes a nice band with both a banjo and mandolin:

I love old time, bluegrass, American folk, etc. But you’ll probably be upset to learn I’m a Nashville native. 😅

(Although I have applied to jobs in Frankfort and Lexington recently.)

• 2 weeks later...

Clean all the things!

But no really. Clean my bedroom, bathroom, game room, and computer room. And by clean I don't mean vacuuming or sweeping. I mean going through all my stuff and sorting it. Keep, donate or trash. I'm looking to get my rooms back...I've been really bad about using my space to the fullest and just piling stuff up. It's reached near hoarder levels. Honestly getting sick of not being able to go over to my bookcase to grab a book like a normal person...instead I have to get on top of my bed and walk on it over to my bookcase since the end of my bed, where I would normally walk to get to the bookcases...is full of stuff. Just...every inch other then a narrow pathway is FILLED with stuff.

I'm not getting rid of video games...god no, but I am planning on getting rid of some other items that I've collected over the years...like toys. But just stuff I don't love and wouldn't regret getting rid of.

After that, then the actual cleaning can happen since...I can't remember the last time I vacuumed in any of my rooms. And there's some various fixing jobs I need to help my dad with...like my sink leaks, my tub's drain stopper won't seal so I can't actually take a bath, only showers (it's a shower/tub combo), my under the sink storage is missing the doors (we had to remove them for some reason and I only recently found them again) and just various other issues that are all little annoyances and nothing critical (the leak has a bucket under it)...but they need to get fixed.

And specifically for my game room, once it's cleaned out...it can actually be a game room and not a storage room that I call a "game room". I need to put my shelving up and finish various things in that room, then I can finally put my games in there.

Other then those things, which is my main focus...

I want to work on my new years resolutions...at least the ones I can do at home. So eating better, hanging out with my parents more, learning to cook, learning to sew...little things like that.

Now that I don't have to worry about hunting down video games at yard sales and the like this year...I can focus on taking care of the items I do own. Like cleaning out my computer room? I found a bunch of games I forgot I owned...or yesterday I was sorting through some stuff in my bedroom and found two bags of games that I was wondering how the hell they ended up at the very bottom of this pile of stuff...they should have been in my computer room where I put all my games that I need to catalog before I put them into my collection. Just...weird stuff. Sometimes I wonder what I'm thinking when I find stuff hidden...