IGNORED

The gardening thread

Mae247

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

We used to garden at my parents house.  After my mother got sick we kind of put it on hold and have just not went back to it 😢.  I miss the delicious tomatoes and cucumbers we were able to get daily.

Sorry to hear.

ill grow some for ya this year!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Events Helper · Posted

Dad suprisingly found some top soil, just got done planting, forgot to take pics kuz my hands was dirty, I will post some pics next time we go over there 🙂  I can't wait for fresh veggies again.........

Cucumbers and tomatoes galore!!!!  Gonna be a good year i can feel it 🙂 

I'm going to try gardening this year. We just got our first house and I mowed the lawn for the first time Today. I have to say that I have the bug to start gardening now. I'm going to do my best to maintain the flower garden the house came with and regrow the dead parts of the grass. There is so much potential to make our house absolutely beautiful!

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

A farmer told me this weekend would be the best time to do it.......that is when he usually starts his personal garden.........but obviously you would have to till and fertilize.  I would get some starter plants vs. seeds if ur gonna start this year, if not, then seeds in little pods a few weeks before planting has always worked in the past for us @Kguillemette

10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

A farmer told me this weekend would be the best time to do it.......that is when he usually starts his personal garden.........but obviously you would have to till and fertilize.  I would get some starter plants vs. seeds if ur gonna start this year, if not, then seeds in little pods a few weeks before planting has always worked in the past for us @Kguillemette

The good news is the flowers are already there. The previous tenants must have had lots of perennials. I just have to gut some weeds and lay down some top soil or mulch, I haven't decided what style would pop better yet. Mulch would hide the weeds better, but soil would make the colors just pop! And the front by the road is literally tulip city! Ill have a better idea what to do when I see them bloom!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

20200622_205608.thumb.jpg.7bc22a4fa7d301d7189075cb5a393960.jpg

Tomatoes, zucchini, squash all looking good.....some cabbage in the back as well.

20200622_205610.thumb.jpg.bec12f79810b0ae2c0faf16ad17fddeb.jpg

cucumbers are way in the back, i apparently cant post more pictures, even tried on the next post, but there is more tomatoes, peppers broccoli 

It is looking pretty damned good for a small unfenced garden 🙂  

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 5

On 6/23/2020 at 12:23 AM, Jeevan said:

20200622_205802.thumb.jpg.5b8f3c71fb4cfc5ca6ca5baecd9df2d2.jpg

One of our broccoli plants, it is actually about 2 foot tall or so, didn't know it grew like that, our first time growing it........ 

Not sure where your from but I’m glad your able to grow broccoli 🥦 this time of year.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:09 PM, Kguillemette said:

The good news is the flowers are already there. The previous tenants must have had lots of perennials. I just have to gut some weeds and lay down some top soil or mulch, I haven't decided what style would pop better yet. Mulch would hide the weeds better, but soil would make the colors just pop! And the front by the road is literally tulip city! Ill have a better idea what to do when I see them bloom!

Did you ever start the garden?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Did you ever start the garden?

Naw, still unpacking and getting situated. I underestimated how long all that stuff would take! Plus with the watering ban in place from unusually dry weather, I would have a hard time keeping up with it. I will take some pictures when I finally get to it, probably next spring. Any fall maintenance I should do in preparations?