IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Millipede

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
WHO IS READY FOR SOME ARCADE ACTION?

This week our brave gladiators will brace through A CLASSIC! Millipede on the NES.
We will be in for some hot and steamy arcade action for sure!

Here's the rules our mighty ones will follow:

• Play 1 player mode A
  • Play till game over
  • If you roll over the score, pause the game, take a picture and stop playing. Your score will be 999,999 in this case.
  • In case of multiple people scoring 999,999, the tiebreaker will be furthest progression! Players need to take a picture every time when they reset the rounds counter (99, 199, 299, etc) to keep track of the rounds.
  • Highest score wins

The contest ends Sunday, 04/12/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

“The one-legged creature is envious of the millipede; the millipede is envious of the snake; the snake is envious of the wind; the wind is envious of the eye; the eye is envious of the heart.” Zhuangzi

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 999,999
2nd scaryice 999,998
3rd Kid Dracula 578,331
4th Bearcat-Doug 387,878
5th ookii_risu 344,670
6th TWarwick07 245,226
7th ninjistar 242,422
8th 8bitdontquit 226,545
9th Gaia Gensouki 209,094
10th MeganJoanne 187,437
11th Gloves 182,657
12th 0xDEAFC0DE 179,335
13th Richardhead 123,695
14th mbd39 116,758
15th Jeevan 112,003
16th Bubbapauls 98,581
17th Ausden 67,119
18th Krunch 53,212
19th SuperJimtendo 41,684
20th skinnygrinny 33,027
21st JamesRobot 31,443

• The topic was pinned
Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I totally misread your post and thought you got 145k in the first round rather than round 23. I don't know if it's actually possible to max out in first round. Maybe it is.

Yeah not sure. I've only played on Atari and in the arcade prior to this (unless we've played in the NES contest before and I've forgotten, totally possible).

Events Team · Posted
43 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Round 23

Like other Doug, I may resort to point pressing level 1 due to how the rules have been set up. I prefer to play "properly" but here we are. 

We can always make it progress + low score.
I just don't want the winner being decided by whom has the most time to sit in front of the TV to make a longer run through, looping the score endlessly.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

We can always make it progress + low score.
I just don't want the winner being decided by whom has the most time to sit in front of the TV to make a longer run through, looping the score endlessly.

I don't know that I'd say it should change, just saying that that's gonna be a likely winning strategy, since you can easily sit on level 1 and it won't force progression. 

It only really matters in the case of a tie, which would require more than likely for two or more people to reach the cap. 

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I don't know that I'd say it should change, just saying that that's gonna be a likely winning strategy, since you can easily sit on level 1 and it won't force progression. 

It only really matters in the case of a tie, which would require more than likely for two or more people to reach the cap. 

I tried that strat for 100k. So damn tedious and boring. Had much more fun progressing, my current score was from round 21.