IGNORED

Luna Games E-Begging!!!

MisterGoomba

There's nothing wrong with this. If my local game store, whom I love because those employees go out of their way to help me, asked for a donation I'd gladly do so. If I could help out the guys who have helped me numerous times by putting a meal on their table? Absolutely I would.

If you don't like them or don't think the service should be used for this, then don't donate. 

But I mean it's clear this is a troll post from someone who already doesn't like Ian/Pat for some reason. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do they have government programs there? I know here we have lots of ways our government is helping. Mortgage companies are delaying payments, so are utilities. Evictions have been banned and employee incomes have been supplemented. Employers only have to pay 25% while the government is supplementing the other 75% so why aren't they taking advantage of any programs their government is offering? Or maybe they are.

20 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Ebay has definitely not waived fees or store costs lol. Paid a nice grand to them a few days ago. Ebay has offered to furlough store subscription cost for like 30 days or whatever. Which means a big bill in another month. I just paid mine normally. Sales died for like 3-4 days then a big boom back to normal.

It's for new store accounts, not existing.  I saw it on the site, they mailed me about it because I never signed up for one, and I've seen bits on other places mentioning it.  No love for the existing, just trying to bribe the new.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Do they have government programs there? I know here we have lots of ways our government is helping. Mortgage companies are delaying payments, so are utilities. Evictions have been banned and employee incomes have been supplemented. Employers only have to pay 25% while the government is supplementing the other 75% so why aren't they taking advantage of any programs their government is offering? Or maybe they are.

I would assume so, but it does take several weeks for unemployment to kick in (but I think your first check pays you from the date you file).

Another thing to point out- when I checked, he had set the goal at 6 grand.   For 3 guys to split.  In SAN DIEGO.   That won't even cover their rent/house payment for the month.   So it looks more like that's a supplement to whatever else they're getting (like someone else pointed out, you'd likely buy your favorite store employees a beer or a meal, so it doesn't seem outlandish to kick these guys 10-20 bucks if you were so inclined).

And to be blunt- I've seen gofundme stuff for much dumber shit.   Tossing something like this out to their fan base isn't the worst idea on earth.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

I would assume so, but it does take several weeks for unemployment to kick in (but I think your first check pays you from the date you file).

Another thing to point out- when I checked, he had set the goal at 6 grand.   For 3 guys to split.  In SAN DIEGO.   That won't even cover their rent/house payment for the month.   So it looks more like that's a supplement to whatever else they're getting (like someone else pointed out, you'd likely buy your favorite store employees a beer or a meal, so it doesn't seem outlandish to kick these guys 10-20 bucks if you were so inclined).

And to be blunt- I've seen gofundme stuff for much dumber shit.   Tossing something like this out to their fan base isn't the worst idea on earth.

No, I'm talking about employers, not employees. Here there are government programs for employers to only have to pay partial employee wages and the government supplements the rest to try and reduce lays off. It also back dates so you can get the percentage for last month as well.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

No, I'm talking about employers, not employees. Here there are government programs for employers to only have to pay partial employee wages and the government supplements the rest to try and reduce lays off. It also back dates so you can get the percentage for last month as well.

There's one like that here for restaurant workers, but not sure about other occupations.

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

There's one like that here for restaurant workers, but not sure about other occupations.

The best i understand it, the government is providing forgivable Small business loans provided no employees are laid off or hours are cut. Then there are restrictions like one can't cut hours and there needs to be a return to normal workforce by June 10th. But in a sense, if you work for a small business, the government is paying your salary right now with these forgivable loans. 

I don't care if people use a Go Fund Me because everyone has the choice to give money or not give.  I also don't care if the employers choose to pay their employees during unusual circumstances such as COVID-19.  In fact, I think that's a great idea.  What I do have a problem with is when the government steps in and mandates that these things have to be done.  You won't ever get me to support that.

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

The best i understand it, the government is providing forgivable Small business loans provided no employees are laid off or hours are cut. Then there are restrictions like one can't cut hours and there needs to be a return to normal workforce by June 10th. But in a sense, if you work for a small business, the government is paying your salary right now with these forgivable loans. 

That too, but there's one (CARES maybe?) specifically for tipped staff that are losing their asses in this thing and it goes along with their regular hourly pay.   I only glanced at it since it didn't apply to me.

59 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That too, but there's one (CARES maybe?) specifically for tipped staff that are losing their asses in this thing and it goes along with their regular hourly pay.   I only glanced at it since it didn't apply to me.

Honestly I don't know. The staff here isn't tipped. I would certainly hope that waitstaff and others out there dependant on tips are getting hooked up. Because straight up, even the most successful small business owners can't afford that extra cost with only 50% or less of sales.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, ThePhleo said:

Even though my niche is hazardous waste (lead), I’m willing to drop my prices to non-hazardous rates.

Do you specifically work on cleaning up lead, or was that just an example?  I'm just curious because I used to work in the lead industry years ago.  It's pretty fascinating how dirty and environmentally unfriendly lead can be, despite it's ridiculously large number of uses.  

11 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Do you specifically work on cleaning up lead, or was that just an example?  I'm just curious because I used to work in the lead industry years ago.  It's pretty fascinating how dirty and environmentally unfriendly lead can be, despite it's ridiculously large number of uses.  

I provide maintenance, janitorial, and recycling services to firing ranges.

I work for all types of shooting ranges big, small and tiny. These all include public, private, law enforcement, government, and military ranges. I've worked for ranges as small as four lanes, and as large as the FBI Training Academy, and Department of Homeland Security. I've even worked a few times for nuclear power plants who have on-site shooting ranges for their security to practice on.

Also, while lead is extremely toxic, it's an abundant metal found naturally. So as long as man-made lead is well handled and maintained, it's something that's actually not too scary to work with. You have to respect it of course, and not get complacent with your PPE and training.

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

I provide maintenance, janitorial, and recycling services to firing ranges.

I work for all types of shooting ranges big, small and tiny. These all include public, private, law enforcement, government, and military ranges. I've worked for ranges as small as four lanes, and as large as the FBI Training Academy, and Department of Homeland Security. I've even worked a few times for nuclear power plants who have on-site shooting ranges for their security to practice on.

Also, while lead is extremely toxic, it's an abundant metal found naturally. So as long as man-made lead is well handled and maintained, it's something that's actually not too scary to work with. You have to respect it of course, and not get complacent with your PPE and training.

I've been to the old smelter in Missouri before it closed.  I've also been to the recycling plant in Southeast Missouri and 1,000' below ground in the lead mines in one of the world's largest natural lead deposits (I think it's the largest, but I can't remember).  That entire process was always very interesting to me.  The lead mines and mills themselves weren't too bad as far as environmental impact goes, but the smelter was a whole different story.  It was almost kind of spooky how dangerous it was.  Simply taking a tour of the facility required specialized PPE along with a required shower with special soap before leaving the facility.  The recycling plant was pretty cool too.  They mostly handle car batteries, but they also used to take in a lot of old tube TVs.  They also handle waste from shooting ranges. Do you know if any of your recycling has ended up down there?

Funny thing is that after working in the lead industry, I spent several years in the brass industry.  So I've worked in the first two steps of ammunition production, but not the third.