IGNORED

Let’s see your masked faces.

Richardhead

2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I’d be sporting that thing too. Sweet colors!

It's also NIOSH certified to filter 99.97% of all particulates 0.3 microns or smaller!

Those N95 masks are only certified to filter 95% of all particulates when worn properly.

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

It's also NIOSH certified to filter 99.97% of all particulates 0.3 microns or smaller!

Those N95 masks are only certified to filter 95% of all particulates when worn properly.

When it comes to Corona, that 4.97% extra makes ALL the difference, lol! 😄👍

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

When it comes to Corona, that 4.97% extra makes ALL the difference, lol! 😄👍

You laugh, but in my industry the difference of even a 99% mask and a 99.97% mask is the difference of instant termination, OSHA fines, and of course overexposure to lead particles above PEL (Permissible Exposure Limits) which may result in lead poisoning.

There are (generally speaking) two grades of particle filter masks. N, and P each with their own ratings.

N masks are not oil resistant, while P masks are.

When worn properly:

N95/P95 is capable of filtering at least 95% of all particles, 0.3 microns or larger.
N99/P99 is capable of filtering at least 99% of all particles, 0.3 microns or larger.
N100/P100 is capable of filtering at least 99.97% of all particles, 0.3 microns or larger.

At least, so I've been taught.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

45 minutes ago, Splain said:

What if... someone invents one that filters at least 99.98%? What will the call it? N/P 100+?

There's (again, generally) two more steps up from N100/P100.

N100/P100 is what we call "HEPA" (High Efficiency Particulate Air) but the next step up from there is "ULPA" (Ultra Low Particulate Air" which has an efficiency of at least 99.999% of all particulates 0.12 microns and larger.

I don't think I've ever seen an ULPA mask, but if it existed then it would probably be extremely expensive and would probably be in the same price range as the next step up...SCBA.

SCBA, is a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus...basically a full face mask and a tank of air. It's 100% efficient because you're not breathing any outside air.
(p.s. this is where "SCUBA" gets its name from...the extra U is just short for Underwater)

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow! 1

I ordered an RPG/Dice style mask from someone awesome so can't wait to get it and I'll post! She will make a Mario one for me too when she has time. Love the masks! It has begun. I'm seeing more people with one than without.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1